Words of Lizzardie




Friday, September 26, 2003

Trading Spaces is one of my new favorite shows. This is because it's light-hearted and on all the time, plus it appeals to the side of me that saw my parents always remodeling our house (or my dad doing paint samples for other people's houses). Vinny and Demetri must be so proud.

So let's see, update on previous posts. Some things are going better. I'm back to throwing myself into whatever house preparations I am asked to do for the fraternity (read: I've been up past 5 the last two nights and people are starting to wonder if Demetri lives here) and that's keeping me busy and not thinking about other fraternity things, but everything else seems a little better now.

As for the other stuff.... one of the things that was bothering me turned out, of course, to be a figment of my imagination. Basically I felt that someone I am close to was not trusting me or not wanting to tell me things anymore and I was a little hurt about it, but alas, I think there just wasn't a lot to say for awhile and now things are back to normal. So yay for that. As for everything else, I'm trying to do the best I can with doing what's best for my current mental health and my future.

And it was nice to find out that some things don't change. Knowing that after 6 years, you can still mention something to someone and they know what you're talking about well enough that you know that you haven't entirely lost all of your connections over the years... it just makes me want to relax and go with the flow and stick to what I believe in, no matter how hard it is sometimes. So thanks, Rachel, for giving me a little bit of hope back.

(I am overly thankful recently, I'm realizing, I hope that people don't mind that!)

This includes (but is not limited to) going to ALL of my classes and submitting my resume to dozens of jobs. The current objective is to submit my resume everywhere and anywhere until I get an offer and have some security next year. The second objective is location. This is because I feel that I can deal with a job I don't like AS MUCH as I might like another one better than I can deal with a location I don't like. I'm applying to all finance/data analysis/consulting/management trainee positions, so I can't imagine any job being all that different from another one. So, after I get a job, if it's not in my "ideal" location, then I keep looking, in just that location. For example, my ideal location is New England. So, if I get a job, but it's not on the East Coast, then I'll look ONLY on the East Coast and concentrate in New England. Once I get an East Coast job, I'll look only in New England. Once I get a New England job.... well, I'd especially prefer to be in Boston, wonderful city that it is, but I'll tackle that obstacle as I go.

So yeah, that's my deal right now. I find out the M.Eng. project topics next week, so maybe I shouldn't be looking too far ahead (I'm excited about that, I'm just more excited about leaving school after this year and becoming a real adult - I know everyone says the real world sucks, but I think it's about damn time I entered it now).

Ohh, and by the way... Demetri and I ate a pound and a half of boneless honey BBQ wings from Wings Over Ithaca last night, plus a ton of fries. I really hope this place is new, because how could I have gone 4 years without knowing about this place (especially because it's open late)! So yeah, here's my Wings Over Ithaca plug. :-)

- Lizzardie, at 4:26 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com