Words of Lizzardie




Friday, September 05, 2003

As predicted, I haven't updated in awhile. So, I will do so now while I have nothing to do but wait for my next class. Woohoo!

I've been back in Ithaca for almost two weeks and things are settling down. I finally got my room into order, after much chaos. When I finally got my 3 carloads of stuff in here, due to the way furniture was arranged, you could not walk in my room or the living room (and my room is pretty damn big). But that's all fixed now. I bought a new bed (mine sucked and was a twin - I wanted a full size one) and an executive leather desk chair. Sadly, I like to spend money, so now that my loans have gone through, I've gone a bit crazy. But I'm done now, I swear! Maybe.... We had a party here on Saturday night that was reasonably well attended... about 20 or so guests. It had to of course pour into my room because the living room is small and, well, my room might as well be part of the living room when the sliding door is open. It was a potluck and party all in one and people brought yummy food. I have to say my favorite was Ian and Karen's squid/mango/red pepper thing.... it was really really good. And there are pictures of Ian eating squid covered in whipped cream with Cat and Dana eating broccoli covered in whipped cream.... the things people will do. Overall, Anthony and Cat are good roommates so far, and the apartment is nice now that we've got it set up, if you don't count the fire alarm going off at 9:20am on Monday and 12:45am Thursday night.... stupid water leaking into the system.

I then went to the first PSP meeting of the semester. It's weird... all of my friends my age are gone yet I still have this group of friends who are younger, but they're all in the frat.... so I'm not really sure where my place as an alum and not an Active Brother is.... I guess I'll figure it out as I go along. I'm going to the retreat this weekend.... I was considering not going, because of the whole not knowing my place thing.... but everyone I talked to was enthusiastic about the idea of me going and I don't have a lot of work yet, so why not? Should be good and things will fall into place, I'm sure.

Classes are okay. I'm technically signed up for 7 classes totally 15 credits which is weird. Some end before others start and then others just end and one never technically meets and one I just have to go - no outside work. The workload seems manageable because there are only so many M.Eng classes to take, so the profs and instructors kind of work around each other.... reminds me of co-op summer when everyone was taking the same classes so there was coordination. It makes things a hell of a lot easier. I need to start the job search soon, though.

That's about it for now. I've been trying to re-acclimate into the Ithaca/Cornell scene while finding my identity as a grad student. I'll probably fail at this but I should still have a good year, I think.

- Lizzardie, at 11:53 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com