Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, August 17, 2003

Updating because I don't feel like doing anything else (especially packing, which I really need to do).

The last coupla days have been interesting. Friday night I went down to Somerville/Cambridge as I had pretty much intended. I went to see Laura first - she flew back to Chicago Saturday afternoon, so that was the last time I would get to see her. I think the fact that I got to see Laura a coupla times this summer combined with seeing my family in May for graduation made it okay that I didn't go back to Illinois this summer (I barely call it home anymore - the East Coast is my home now). It's August and something feels not right, because I go back to Illinois at least for a few days each August, sometime right after my birthday. But whatever, I'll get used to it and I still have the trip home for the holidays in December. I guess that's when I'll really know it's not my home anymore - when I'm not even going back for Christmas.

After saying goodbye to Laura, I wandered around Cambridge for awhile. I went into this store on Inman Square that had all sorts of memorabilia from the 50's, which was cool. Then I tried to make my way to Harvard Square, only I couldn't find it! I made it all the way to the building that looks eerily like Sage Hall on the Cornell Campus but is really some Harvard theatre building. And then I walked back to Herb and Jeff and Asheen's place. Herb was not there at the time, so I hung out with Jeff and Asheen and Herb and Jeff's friend AJ It was fun, though in a weird way - I like Herb's friends but for awhile it felt a little awkward for me, but I got over it. Jeff and AJ and I walked to Harvard Square to get pizza, where we met Herb (so no walking back, thank goodness, because I don't think I could have walked anymore). Then back to their apartment where we had some wine and I crashed. I of course got 4 hours of sleep and then had to be at work at 10:00am. To make matters worse, I worked a double shift yesterday - 10 hours - so I was very tired when I got home. And then I overslept today!

More sleep tomorrow because I don't have to be at work until afternoon. There's sooo much packing to do between now and then, though. I'm leaving sometime on Friday to go to Princeton, though I have to decide what time. I could leave at 1:00pm and go to a Yankees game and then Princeton, or I could leave at 8:00pm and go straight to Princeton. Decisions, decisions - really depends on how much packing I get done. I'm going to miss New England, though, one way or another. I've really come to love this area - so much so that I actually want to make amends with the state of Connecticut. I am in fact looking forward to driving through there! Yay! Though I don't plan on ever living there again, of course.

Packing now! Or watching more Pretty Woman, either one. :-)

- Lizzardie, at 9:20 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com