Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Now is about the time during the night when I wake up and can't get back to sleep. Why don't I feel this rested when I get home from work, instead of ready to pass out? Then I could do things instead of falling asleep on the couch. A lot of nights I end up chatting with people online, though tonight no one is on, unfortunately. The one thing I'm looking forward to as far as going back to school is the schedule that is entirely horrible for my body and my health (and probably my mind and my schoolwork as well) but that for some reason works for me. At least when I'm constantly exhausted I just sleep when I want to, with ease.

Only 8 more days at Brookstone. I got told something today (yesterday, whatever) that I kinda knew all along.... if I were actually stay there, I'd easily get promoted to an Assistant Manager. It's funny, because everyone keeps telling me that it's just a crappy retail job (which it is) and I shouldn't care what they think of me there, but I kinda pride myself in being a good worker, so this at least on some level makes me happy, even though I don't really care and know that I need to find something much more challenging (and that pays a whole lot more money if I hope to ever get my bills under control). Besides, having good references about the quality of person I am (even though obviously this kind of reference won't have any idea of what my engineering qualifications are) is at least good.

In other news... I've been invited to sit in on a Membership Development Committee meeting on Wednesday (this is Phi Sigma Pi related), with a possibility of becoming a member of the committee. This is really exciting to me, because I had felt like I had entirely ruined any chance I had at being involved on the national level. So we'll see how this goes. The two months I've had off from thinking about frat stuff has been really nice, but I'm excited to get back into it. Demetri and I were talking the other night about what makes a good alumnus, and that there's a difference between being involved as an alum because you love the principle of the fraternity and being involved because you want to relive your time as an undergraduate. Hopefully (and I think I've started) I can the former type.

Now I have nothing to do but sleep. Or clean out my inbox. Or something.

- Lizzardie, at 4:58 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com