Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, August 10, 2003

My birthday was so much fun! :-)

I left my apartment at about 9:30 (after finding out Herb and Demetri had stayed up all night so I needed to leave later), stopped at the NH State Liquor store, and got to Somerville at 11am, finding Herb and Demetri still sleeping, even though I'd called twice! I immediately got them up, though, and after some showering, were all ready to go! So, along with Jeff, we went to Central Square to meet up with Shirley (along the way starting to make up a song that had to do with my birthday and half-ton lemur cocks - ohh how I love my friends) and took the T into Boston. Herb bought me 2 T tokens, which would have been enough had I not had a problem with the first token not letting me through! Anyway, we walked around Boston Common and the Public Gardens - I got to see a little of Beacon Hill and Cheers... then we picked up part of the Freedom Trail and I saw some famous graves and sites. Herb and Jeff bought me this weird balloon that apparantly comes from a song but it's oblong - they were so excited about finding me a half-ton lemur cock, as they felt it resembled, as you may imagine (or not). There were some pictures taken of that, of course. We ended up Quincy Market where I bought a yummy fruit smoothie.... we walked to the Harbor from there, where we met up with Vinny! Yay! We only saw her briefly at that point, but agreed to meet up later. We continued on to the North End, where we walked around - there was some sort of fair with live music playing "My Kind of Town Chicago" (the irony) and then went into this cute bookstore where I bought a picture frame with dried flowers on it - and then went to this Italian restaurant (it's all Italian in the North End) called Dolce Vita Ristorante - yummy, with the alcohol being just about as much as the food! We met Vinny on the T (along the way Jeff bought Shirley and I red roses - how nice, apparently some sort of tradition with Herb and his friends) and headed back to Somerville, where we picked up some wine. Herb and Jeff went out and bought cake and candles and I managed to blow out all 23 candles on one breath (I hadn't had the proper number of candles on a cake in years and was surprised that they had taken the time to do so!) - though Herb wound up breaking a lot of wine glasses and spilling a lot of wine! Shirley and Vinny had to go after lounging for awhile, and the rest of us headed to Harvard Square - so I got to see parts of Harvard (earlier I had seen parts of MIT when we got off the T at Kendall Square/Technology Park to get Shirley's car). I was almost falling asleep at the table where Demetri and Herb were playing chess so Jeff took me back to the apartment so I could sleep. Unfortunately, I had to work this morning and get up early, so now I'm exhausted, but what a fun day. And the day was payed for by my parents, who sent money with the directions that I have fun and not spend it on bills! Yay! :-)

An interesting revelation.... on the way back to the apartment, Jeff and I were talking about friendships and how I don't really have a "best friend" right now and how I don't trust people. And as I considered it, it probably stems from going through some pretty rough spots with most of my female friends over the past few years and not being comfortable talking about some things with my guy friends. And Jeff was saying that it's unfortunate that I don't have someone to go to all the time because keeping things inside isn't good all the time and I was arguing that I like to keep things inside... it seemed to make sense to me at the time. I was then thinking that I missed Amy - nothing terrible had happened between us, we'd just had busy semesters and hadn't been able to keep much in touch... but she was probably the closest thing I had to confiding in someone about everything and I had just convinced myself that I didn't need that anymore. Maybe the stars lined up or something, because tonight, she IMed me! And it turns out she'd emailed me on Friday, I'd just missed it until she said something! We started talking about some things, and I realized, I want to tell her everything that's been going on and the TRUTH about why I've been down somewhat (and sometimes very down and very withdrawn) the past several months - because the reality is that I know I need to, I just haven't been able to find anyone that I felt sure I was comfortable telling. But now.... I don't know if it will help but maybe getting some things off of my chest will help.... though I know I'm not going to like the advice I'll get but we'll see, right? Hopefully this works out... I'll probably detour to Princeton on my way back to Ithaca for Amy's birthday celebration! Yay! This year has gotta be better than last....

- Lizzardie, at 10:18 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com