Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Today is July 30th (now, at least). That means that there are only 10, yes, 10 days until my 22nd birthday. Hooray. I have no plans but if you would like to come to New England to help celebrate on this glorious Saturday, please, let me know.

I missed Grand Chapter at Villanova this weekend. I've heard many interesting stories - and I've been sworn to secrecy regarding most of them. Subrosa, if you will. I wish I hadn't missed it, but at least I know I was missed.

Instead, I worked. A lot. In fact I've worked the last 6 days in a row and am looking forward to my day off tomorrow. I may go to the beach and get a lot of sun because I like sun. Or I may sleep, we'll see.

I also went down to Boston, surprise, surprise. This was supposed to be a favor to both Herb and his housemate Jeff. The plan was a nice dinner and drinks and an outdoor movie at the Boston Harbor Hotel. It ended up being a lot of driving, getting lost and cursing, followed by buying a large quantity of wine and a nice Italian dinner in Waltham. That was then followed by Herb and I sitting and waiting in the car for an hour and then eventually ditching Jeff to go back to Somerville, where we drank one of Jeff's bottles of wine (a lovely $35 bottle of Burgundy - lots of fruit in it, but it was almost overpowered by a very strong metallic flavor) and watched Saving Private Ryan, during which I fell asleep several times. I got about 4 hours of sleep and was an hour late to work the next day due to a ridiculous amount of traffic.

I talked to my parents this evening. I actually admitted to my dad that I was looking to stay out east after my masters degree, so I guess the facade of me possibly going back to Illinois (I almost typed home - it's a weird type of home, now, I guess, but I'm starting to feel more at home out here - a topic for another day, I suppose). I also found out some interesting news about my sister (Kim, for those who need clarification) - it turns out that me not being an undergrad anymore has entirely screwed her over - in that she doesn't get financial aid anymore, other than loans - leave it to different incomes and the wonderful financial aid at USC to screw her over much more than I was screwed over my freshman year (when I wasn't really screwed over). Add this to the fact that she doesn't really like her major anymore and she decided that in order to save money (i.e., take out less loans), she's going to go part-time this year. In her senior year. She may even switch majors. So, it looks like there's no way she'll graduate in May, though she'll probably walk. I'm still shocked that she's doing this, I guess because it's not what I would have done, not that my sister and I are in any way the same person. It's just.... I'm not sure what it is, just very weird, though I'm sure she'll figure it out in the end.

I guess I don't have any other news. Still working, still chillin' in beautiful New Hampshire, though that will end soon, of course. Back in Ithaca by August 25th to begin anew as a grad student and start looking for a permanent job, how exciting. For now, though, sleep!

- Lizzardie, at 12:25 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com