Words of Lizzardie




Friday, July 04, 2003

So the last time I wrote I said I needed to find something new to read.... WELL, yesterday, the long-awaited (okay, 2 weeks of waiting) Barnes and Noble gift certificate arrived! I immediately went to Barnes and Noble and purchased Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I arrived back at my apartment at around 9:15pm. At around 8:05pm this evening, I finished reading it, all 870 pages of it. Of course, it's easy reading, but that still meant that I read until about 3:00am last night and then read most of the day today. I did make time for brunch with Corinne and her parents and Ron and his friend Andrew, and then some beach time (which included reading, obviously). I also managed to get a little sunburnt, but I'll be okay.

Now I really need something new to read!

I wanted to go down to Boston tonight to see the fireworks on the river, but that didn't happen. Of course, maybe it would if my effort hadn't be so half-hearted, but I had totally forgotten about wanting to do that. Instead we watched them from Dover, walking to a more open space, but there was a lot of ground display, so it wasn't very good. Maybe what I'll do when I'm older and have money is see if I can travel to different cities each year to see big displays. Ohh, and if anyone hears of a display where they only do white and gold fireworks, please let me know. It's been my goal for a few years to see that.

And now illegal fireworks are being shot of. Of course, it's just illegal to shoot them off, not to purchase them, so I feel like I'm in Indiana, only it's New Hampshire! I should expect multiple states to sell fireworks, I suppose.

I had a shot of Absinth tonight, and it sucked. Because now there's like no tissue at the back of my throat. Blech. But it's the experience, right? Illegal alcohol, woo hoo! It has wormwood in it, which is apparently illegal in the U.S. and will make you insane, but one shot won't hurt. 140 proof, minty... bought in the Czech Republic and brought back illegally by Andrew.... gotta love it. Or not.

And now lack of sleep all week is finally gotten to me! But oh! All 6 of my plants have germinated and are growing wonderfully. I even repotted the daisy and ageratum plants this evening. =) We'll see how that turns out. Maybe some rest now?

- Lizzardie, at 10:49 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com