Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, July 03, 2003

I finished The Lord of the Rings series this evening. It was really really good. I'm very glad that I FINALLY took the time to read it. I think the only thing I didn't really like is that while the book is 1000 pages, the climax came and went and there was still 100 pages to go! I mean, there was a mini-climax at the end and all and all, it was still fabulous, but for a moment, I was frustrated. Anyway, I want to see the two movies again. And I can't wait for the third! I technically watched The Fellowship of the Ring with Herb last week.... it was only the second time I'd ever seen it and the first time I had seen the extended version.... and it was so incredibly amazing, so much better than the first time I saw it, both because I had a new understanding and because of the extended version.... the only thing is that I was very intoxicated and am pretty sure that I fell asleep somewhere in the second half because I don't remember us finishing the movie and I was told that we did. So I want to see it again. And I can't wait for The Two Towers to come out on video/DVD. And I can't wait for The Return of the King to come to the theatres! Yay!

Next up: Harry Potter. I'm desperately waiting my Barnes and Noble gift certificate to come in the mail so that I don't have to spend real money on the book... not because I don't want to, but because I know I shouldn't and am desperately following this insanely strict budget I've written for myself. But it would make me so happy to get that gift certificate. Waiting waiting waiting....

So one of my biggest pet peeves and refilling the Brita pitcher! This may not sound like a big deal, but I swear, every roommate I've ever had has had problems with this! Why??? I just don't understand it. All I want is to go into the fridge and to have nice, clean, cold water. But no! I go in and there's no water in there! Or there's some, but not enough to reach up to the filter like it's supposed to so that the filter doesn't dry out! And what's the point of putting an empty pitcher back into the fridge! There is none! Grrr... okay, done now, but I've been dealing with this for about four years now, and dammit, I'm done! Not really, just needed to get it off my chest.

To bed I go now.

- Lizzardie, at 1:44 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com