Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, June 22, 2003

*YAWN* I just slept for 2 1/2 hours and want to sleep more, but if I do that, I'll be up all night. Dammit. Apparently my tolerance to late nights and alcohol is dwindling. So, last night, I got a call from Herb around 11:00pm, and proceeded to go down to Somerville. I've gotta stop doing that. Anyway, my plan was to come back last night, of course, but that didn't happen, after alcohol was put in face all night. White Russian (already there for me when I got there), a Corona (I hate Corona - why did I chug that?), Chianti (mmmmm), some other wine and some vodka martini that Herb made that was gray. He kept insisting that I was going home last night, but with the way everything was spinning (with my eyes open or closed), that wasn't about to happen. I ended up making it to sleep sometime after 5am, alarm that was set for me went off at 8:30am, left at 9am (after swallowing 2 acetemenophine tablets Herb thankfully found for me), got home, had about 10 minutes to change and whatnot, and went to work! That was fun! I felt so awful at work today, but at least I have tomorrow off! Yay for that!

I did feel kinda bad about one thing.... I left last night while Ron was in the shower, without telling him.... and then I got a phone call from him at around 3am, because he woke up and was concerned that I was still not home.... I was decently intoxicated at that point, and I tried to reassure him... I don't think I did a good job... but then Herb took the phone away from me, and he did a better job... but then Ron was stuck having to talk to Herb, someone he's met like once, and then Herb's friend Jeff, who he's never met (this was because Jeff currently works at Rutgers and Ron is starting law school there in the fall). Then, Ron called me AGAIN at 8:45 this morning, when I still wasn't home, to make sure I was alive and that he didn't need to call work for me to tell them I'd been in a terrible car accident! It was thoughtful for him to call so much to make sure I was okay, but as Demetri said, he needs to get used to my antics.

I was thinking that I wouldn't be going down to Boston (i.e., Somerville) that often this summer, just ocassionally.... but given the last coupla days, I'm not so sure about that. If I'm entirely willing to just up and go down there at 10:30/11:00pm at night, on a moment's notice, twice in like 5 days.... I'll probably be down there more than I first thought. The drive isn't bad, I made it yesterday without getting terribly lost (I didn't follow Herb's directions exactly yesterday, but made it without consequence, and there's some debate about which way is better) and got to see everything in daylight today which helped me get my bearings and I shouldn't have trouble any longer. There was a beautiful view of the city of Boston last night, right before I got off of the highway (this time at the right exit). Shirley said that she gets just about that same view from her bedroom window, which is just amazing! I want something like that.

Laura left me an IM last night while I was gone.... the next time I'm down in the area, I definitely need to get together with her - I haven't seen her in so long, and she'll be in Cambridge all summer... it'll be like a little taste of home. =)

The job at Brookstone is going well. The first coupla days all I did was greet customers, and that was boring as hell, but now I've started on a cash register, and that's a lot more fun. =) Ohh, and when it's slow, I get to try out the massagers. :-D Can't beat that! And besides that, it pays the bills and that's what's important right now.

So the summer is shaping up well. I've got friends near by, of all sorts. And it's such a pretty area, and I've finally seen Boston and the Atlantic ocean! And been to the top of a mountain! And my car has no longer been to a city I haven't been to! Such a whirlwind of activity. It'd be better if I had a better job, and internship of some sort, but at least I'm paying my bills and having fun, and for my last real summer before the real world hits, this is good. Real good. It was a really good decision to come out here this summer, because it's making me happy again, and giving me the break I need. I can't really explain that other than to say I like the change of pace. =)

- Lizzardie, at 11:03 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com