Words of Lizzardie




Friday, June 27, 2003

The trips down to Somerville might need to stop for awhile.

Anyway, it's been a rather okay week. Work sucks, but then again, it's supposed to, right? Wednesday I went to the beach with Corinne and friends, which was nice, because it was like 90 degrees and sunny. Also went on Monday with Ron, but not until about 3pm, which is not the same as with the noon sun. After the beach on Wednesday, we drove out to Corinne's friend Jay's summer house on Lake Winnipesaukee. There was some swimming in the lake and some barbequeing, which was fun, but Jay is a complete jackass so not all that much fun, but not terrible. I went back that night - Corinne and Ron and Keith stayed the night.

Yesterday... ohh geez yesterday. I worked for 8 hours and then was supposed to drive down to Cambridge to visit with Laura. I hadn't seen her in almost 2 years, I'm pretty sure. I was supposed to meet her at 9:30, but I talked to Herb around 7, and he said he'd make me dinner if I drove down a little earlier, so that's what I did. Hamburger Helper and green beans and carrots and fresh grapes and wine! It was a nice dinner. I had Laura come to Herb's, and it turns out it was like a 4 minute walk for her, which is damn near amazing. I can't believe how close they live to each other, and I'm excited about seeing Laura often this summer. =) After sitting at Herb's for awhile as I finished my dinner and Laura enjoyed the air conditioning (which she hadn't had in these coupla days while it's been so hot - either at the house she's staying at or at the school she's working at, yikes), we went to this place called Christina's for ice cream. I had banana cinnamon, Laura had coffee oreo. Yummmm. Laura was really tired, so that was it for the night. I then went to the Thirsty Scholar with Herb and his roommates. While my intention was to drive home that night, I realized somewhere around the third drink that wouldn't be happening (I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep the night before, so the drinks were affecting me more than usual). I had 4 drinks total there, and smoked a real cigarette for the first time, ever (even though I've had cloves and pipe tobacco and cigars - I know, I'm weird). Interestingly enough, while I hate the smell of cigarette smoke, this wasn't bad at all, probably better for my lungs than other stuff I've smoked and I couldn't smell the smoke. You learn something new, I guess.

After the bar, I went back to Herb's, and he made me some drink and we started watching The Fellowship of the Ring. Which I need to see again, because I was in no condition to really take everything in, but no matter. There was wine and pipe smoking and Herb moved my car at some point and I got sick when he gave me a vitamin. All of this I remember. After I threw up, though, I remember very little until sometime later. Apparently we finished the movie, though I don't remember doing that and my next conscious thoughts found me in a bed. I had apparently been carried over there. I really don't like not remember things that happen, but I guess there's not much to be done about that now.

I slept all damn day, or at least attempted to. The room was nice and cool, so that was good. I kinda wish I had been home in my bed with my stuff, but that's what I get for not putting myself in a condition to drive home, I suppose. I shouldn't do that. Now I of couse feel ill and tired and hungover. And there's something not quite right, but that's another matter entirely. Right now I'm just hating the feeling of having no one that I feel comfortable talking to about some matters. Also my own fault, I guess.

Maybe tonight there will be reading or whatnot, but definitely sleep. And I don't have to work until noon tomorrow, which is so good. I should be fully recovered by then.

- Lizzardie, at 10:42 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com