Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, June 18, 2003

So let's see. I got a new job. Yeah, not getting enough hours hostessing, though I liked it. I guess I'll never be eating at that Weathervane again, though I still need to get a good Maine lobster, and a nice bowl of real New England clam chowder. I went in today to quit, and it was not so pleasant. I have never before quit without giving 2 weeks notice. The manager kinda reprimanded me, as if I didn't know what I was doing. But seriously, as if I need them as a reference. Anyway, I start the new job at Brookstone tomorrow, and they're giving me 40 hours a week. Basically, when I found out Saturday that what my new schedule at Weathervane was, I decided to get another job. I was only looking part-time, but Brookstone offered me full-time, so I quit Weathervane. It was a very fast decision, but well worth it, I'm sure. Anything is quieter than working in a restaurant!

Driving Adventure #1: I saw Boston last night, quite accidentally. I got a call from Herb around 10:00pm last night (I hadn't spoken to him in a week) and decided to go down to see him, have a drink, get my blender (which he had grabbed from storage for me). He had me look up my own directions, which was fine. I was contently following them when he called again, and put Asheen on the phone to direct me. I was about 2 minutes from their house at one point, though Asheen's directing led me all the way to... downtown Boston! I was on Sturrow Drive, which is apparently a major road in Boston. I in fact drove on that for quite some time, and missed the first 2 of 3 bridges. Once Asheen realized he had no idea where I was, he put Herb back on the phone, who was able to (eventually) correct whatever happened and got me to Somerville, where I was supposed to be! Oy. Not how I wanted my first trip to Boston to be, but whatever. What a confusing city. Herb and I went to the Thirsty Scholar Pub, which was nice. I have a stolen pen! It even says, Stolen from the Thirsty Scholar Pub! So yeah, my souveneirs of the trip are a pen and my blender. All in all, once I figure out how to get to their apartment (which is very nice), it's not a bad drive from here. Though seeing it in daylight might be nice. Herb led me back to the highway with his car, so at least I didn't have to figure out how to get back on my own, and one day (if I ever decide to venture down there again) I'm sure I'll figure out the journey.

Driving Adventure #2: Then today, I went on an adventure with Corinne. She wanted a bagel from the bagel shop at the University of New Hampshire, so that's where we went. She had Mapquest directions (let's not talk about my hatred for Mapquest) and we ended up going in circles, crossing the same two bridges about 4 times apiece! So much fun. Eventually we made it there, she gave me a short tour of UNH, we saw someone with an Ithaca Is Gorges shirt in the bagel place and we randomly ran into her friend Jenny as we were leaving. We were supposed to go to the beach later, but alas, it rained, so that plan was foiled. Another time.

Driving Adventure #3: When Ron got home from work today, he mentioned that he took the alternate route home from Kittery. And when I drove out to Kittery to quit my job, I noticed how backed up the Spalding was. So..... I decided to chance it and take 101. And lo and behold, it worked! It takes you straight to Dover! And only 3 stoplights, which is damn near amazing. It's as if it was built especially to get Ron and I to and from work! Speed limit is only 35mph the whole time, but it took 20 minutes (10 less than the expressways) and that was with me not being very sure of where I was going. I will be taking that to work tomorrow, for sure.

So... as it turns out, third time's a charm, and my last driving adventure worked out. No more driving adventures for awhile. And in other news, I finished Book 1 of the Lord of the Rings series (first half of the Fellowship of the Ring) and it's about damn time I made a dent in that series!

- Lizzardie, at 11:52 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com