Words of Lizzardie




Friday, June 13, 2003

I saw the ocean today! For the first time! (The Atlantic, that is.) I was on the Maine coastline, in Ogunquit. And I climbed to the top of a mountain yesterday for the first time - Mount Major, in Alton, NH. It was wonderful! The trail was about 2 miles long, so I had a 4 mile hike, which is a lot for me (but luckily I'm somewhat used to those Cornell hills.... though there were never any rocks all over Seneca St. when I walked up it or on Libe Slope, but whatever). And the top was beautiful! I could see some lake that I can't pronounce the name of. And there were these wonderful rocks at the top and I was lying on them for about an hour, and they made my back feel so good and I got some sun! It was really really great - I need to do that again!

That's about it for excitement. I went candlepin bowling last Friday and to a bar.... Tuesday night. That was fun, though I forgot what it looks like where there is no culture or diversity. All the girls looked the same.... skanky, white, with some hair some shade of blonde.... the guys looked the same, too... also white, sandy hair, preppy... yeah, that about sums it up. I felt almost out of place with my dark curly hair! Yikes!

The ocean and the mountain really made me happy, though. I could go back and do both of those things all summer long. We walked this path called The Marginal Way, along a rocky part of the Maine coast. And we went to York Beach, where I saw salt water taffy being made (I absolutely LOVE salt water taffy). The beaches there are called like Short Side and Long Side or something. And I already said how great the mountain was! I need to live in New England. It's so pretty and nice here. I think I've pretty much decided to concentrate my job search up here (when I start the job search, which will probably be in August or something). So hopefully that will work out for me and I won't have to go back to the flat midwest. Not that Chicagoland won't always have a warm place in my heart - and I love the city of Chicago - and I'll visit - but I probably won't live there again. =/

- Lizzardie, at 6:27 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com