Words of Lizzardie




Monday, June 30, 2003

I bought food today! I know, this may not sound that exciting, but it definitely was to me. Food = good. I bought milk and butter and Special K with Red Berries and white bread and ice cream! I was really excited about the ice cream. I was conscientious about it and bought the stuff that was on sale, even though the flavor selection wasn't that great and I'd never heard of the brand. But I love ice cream, right? So after I got back, even though I had already eaten dinner, I had some cereal and some ice cream and some toast. Yeah, I've been deprived of just about everything but pasta as of late. Ohh, and homemade lemonade ice tea.

The money I used for it.... yeah, this is weird to me. I went into work on Saturday, and got sent from Brookstone to Gardener's Eden, which is basically the same company only all lawn and garden and home. It was so much better because I didn't have to deal with the store manager (same for both stores) and the Assistant Manager over there is soooo nice. =) Anyway, I was ringing up a customer, and then someone else came up and pointed out that there was a ten dollar bill on the ground. I picked it up and informed the manager. She told me to go out and see if I could find the woman. I looked up and down the strip, and also went into the next coupla stores around us, but no avail. So Tammy put the bill in a drawer. At the end of the day, she said that because I had found it and the woman hadn't come to claim it, it was mine. So I'm ten dollars richer (or less poor, more accurately). I feel extremely bad about this, but I'm trying not to because it payed for my food today. I spent exactly $10.05. The thing is, the times when I most feel like I'm a good and worthy person are when I'm honest. And taking that money felt dishonest. But.... I don't know. I was at the grocery store, and the guy entered in the money I gave him as $20.05 instead of $10.05 and was about to give me $10.00 back when I corrected him. He thanked me for being honest. I've done stuff such as that before, kinda. I was in Best Buy a coupla months ago, and I saw a $20.00 bill on the ground, and knew that I could have picked it up without anyone knowing. But instead I alerted the people in front of me, knowing they had probably dropped it. Then, the last time I was in Ruloff's, I spotted a $20.00 bill on the floor again, on my way to the bathroom. Even though it was kinda across the bar a little, I went up to the people sitting on the stools above it and alerted them. It actually made my night, because it was the only thing worthwhile about it (read back entries about my last night in Ithaca). Losing money to me is a tragedy, and while finding money is wonderful, it's even more wonderful to make sure that other people don't lose money. It's like everything else in my life... I go out of my way to try and make people happy with the hope that one day, maybe, someone will go out of their way to make me happy. Ohh, I love making people happy just for the hell of it. But deep down, I'm waiting for my turn. Just once I want to be the one rewarded, because in helping other people all the time, I'm sometimes hurting myself with the feeling that I'm being taken advantage of and getting walked all over. And it's gotta somehow be worth it, right?

I went way off base there. Anyway. I've lost my comment feature because of blogger's upgrade, so if anyone knows of something that I can replace it with, drop me an email.

- Lizzardie, at 10:39 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com