Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, May 29, 2003

So... I graduated this past Sunday. As Ryan put it, the certificate they gave me cost $150,000 and 4 years of my time. Woohoo! It doesn't really feel different, though. I mean, maybe that has to do with me being here next year, as well, so I don't really think of myself graduating. I said goodbye to Helen and Vinny on Monday, and I'm really hoping that won't be the end... after all, Helen will only be in Rochester next year and Vinny in Queens. We saw so much of Herb and Bolcar this year that, well, I'm kinda hoping for the same for the new grads. But alas, I have to say goodbye to Adam tomorrow. He's coming back to Ithaca from Rochester for some festivities, and after that, I'll be going to New Hampshire for the summer and when I get back, he'll be all the way down in Nashville, TN! He says he'll be back a lot - after all, he has a NY wedding to plan for next June (yes, another of my friends getting married - will it never end?). I hope so. I hope this isn't goodbye for some of my closest friends.

I've decided, though, that I don't really like Ithaca that much. I'm started to get bored. It's really my excellent friends that make it good, and well, after next year, when most of them leave (not all, though, there'll still be some good ones to visit, if that's possible) I'll be ready to high tail it out of here. Someone recently said... 100 miles and 5 years makes a good Cornell alum. I don't know if I'll need the the 5 years, but I'll definitely need the 100 miles! And then some!

Looking forward to New Hampshire, I guess. I'm almost all packed up - I'll miss this apartment. It's felt the most like home of all the places I've lived in here. I leave on Saturday, head up to Corinne's and then do her bidding. Eventually get to the actual apartment, find a job for the summer and settle in. I hope it's fun. Lots of beach time, I think. And as long as I've got an internet connection, well, how bad could it be (then again, there's Connecticut to think about). One of my projects (hopefully) for the summer is to update my webpage (overhaul it really) so who knows, maybe you'll see a new design on here soon. But then again, maybe not.

- Lizzardie, at 7:56 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com