Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Okay, yeah, so I haven't posted in awhile. I actually did write a post about Senior Night, but it got lost (short version: murder mystery, me: cocktail waitress from hell, i.e., Hoboken, NJ). And things have been a whirlwind since then! Finishing classes, mediocre Slope Day, Induction, Awards, Formal, Study Week, Finals... and now I just wait for graduation. And then.... yeah....

So, Slope Day was mediocre. Fenced in, catered slope with dreary weather plus no sleep the night before equaled me not wanting to go out to said slope. I was trying to sleep on the couch, though, when Cat, Kathy and Greg came by and kidnapped me. We went back to Greg's place (it was weird.... we headed down Seneca and then turned and all of a sudden, we were back on Cornell property!). Greg made us this drink with some Brazilian alcohol in it.... not bad, not bad. Kind of depressing being in Greg's room with all his ashened belongings.... but I'm glad he's okay and that I could be there to at least do something to cheer him up. He's really taking it better than I could possibly imagine anyone else taking it.

Induction... I am now officially an alum of Phi Sigma Pi. And we presented the new tablecloth! I'm really glad we were able to put together that gift. The roses pin corsages they got us matched my formal dress, so that was nice. BBQ was... okay. I had my make-shift dijon burger, and that's all that counts, right?

Awards... okay, this is where I try not to sound too conceited, if that's possible. The one award I got was the Chapter Service Key. It's the highest honor a chapter can give an individual member, blah blah blah (this really is important). I'm the fifth person to get it in our 9-year plus history. It's been a bit... overwhelming. I could describe why, but it would take far too many words to do so. Let's just say that about 3 days AFTER I got the award, I was finally happy and accepting of it.

Study Week, Finals.... not important.... but now I'm done. Though I have no job, no money and no place to live for the summer. And no desire to return home to Illinois. So we'll see. We shall see.

- Lizzardie, at 4:44 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com