Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, November 19, 2002

Rachel, there's a comment waiting for you in the last post. I've never tried the whole responding to a comment thing in the comment box, so I'm not sure if you would actually think to look there.

I'm in Carpenter right now, running a program that is taking forever. Blah. And this is just for a homework assignment! I really need to get cracking on my projects, but limited time in the lab and all that nonsense, yeah. There's always this weekend.... I really hate being here in Carpenter, though. I'm way too restless to spend all of my time in the lab, but that's what I do now. It sucks. A lot.

Convention rocked this past weekend, of course, although there's nothing like your first national PSP event (that would have been Convention last year). There were some things that made Convention last year better (of course, because it was the first one) but parts of this one were definitely much more awesome. What can you do? I slept for maybe 5 hours all weekend and if you add to that the little sleep I got last week, the drinking Thursday night and drinking and smoking Friday night (I've really got to stop that), I was one tired girl. BUT, I managed to be able to drive all the way back yesterday (in Herb's car - we didn't take my car), which was 7 hours. Yes, I drove more than I slept. What an idiot I am. I think I was running on adrenaline, because when we got into Ithaca last night (around 6:30pm) I wanted to collapse. Instead, I came here, to Carpenter! I also managed to fall asleep on the couch here, so maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

My mom called while I was walking home, in the snow (I would have driven, but Will still had my car, which has now been vacuumed, woohoo - at least I got a ride to the lab from Herb). She wanted to inform me that when I come home next Wednesday, I should have a Christmas list for her. This is one of my least favorite things to do all year. Because of the way I live - in a constant state of poverty - I'm obsessed with coming up with things that I need. Although the things that I need are relatively few (but relatively expensive): money to pay various bills, including credit card bills, rent, car payments and cell phone payments, and food. That's all. Of course, I can't ask for the money I need for these things, as my mom says that it isn't an appropriate Christmas present (granted, my parents do give me the money I need when I need it, but I'd rather ask for it for Christmas and not feel guilty about it). So the only other thing I want this year is a nice, new laptop. While I do not necessarily need one, as I do have a computer, having a new computer would make me very happy indeed. No more crashing, no more waiting, no more frustration (or relatively low levels of these things, I would hope). How great would that be? But, of course, a laptop would set my parents back a good $1500 for what I want, so maybe it's not such a good idea to ask for one. Grrr. Anything else is relatively small and not all that important for me to have: a PDA, an electric blanket, wine (red, preferably, though a good Riesling would also be good), clothes. I could definitely live without these things. Blah. Maybe they could pay for my bridesmaid dress. Speaking of which, if there's anyone reading this who might want to be my date to Jaime's wedding on January 4th, you should definitely get in touch with me. I need a date. And I have so few friends (at least at home).

I noticed this weekend that the winter blues are starting to get to me. There's actually a disorder for when you get seasonally depressed, but I don't remember what the name of it is. And I believe it affects a rather disproportionally large number of women each year. Woohoo. So I can't actually say that I have that, but I definitely have been known to get pretty depressed in the winter months. It usually has something to do with loneliness, or ill-conceived loneliness. It's like my own claustrophobic bubble that no one else can enter and that I'm fighting to get out of. The littlest thing upsets me. Mood swings are not uncommon. And when I actually have something that I'm maybe upset about (read: anything having to do with the male population) it's so much worse. Looking back: junior years of both high school and college were killer. Things don't seem to be shaping up for me this winter, either, but more because I'm confused and tend to blow just about everything out of proportion. I read way too much into the most minor of details.

Ahh, well. I need a countdown this week, so here goes: 2 days until the Ani DiFranco concert in Rochester, 4 days until the Cornell v. Harvard hockey game at Lynah. At least I can look forward to those things, for now.

My program is done running, so I get to go home! Yay!

- Lizzardie, at 12:29 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com