Words of Lizzardie




Friday, November 22, 2002

More things that rock: Ani DiFranco and Cornell v. Harvard hockey. Okay, so the hockey game isn't until tomorrow, but I've already seen a game before (way back when, freshman year) so I can still say that.

Going up to Rochester to see Ani was definitely worth it, and makes me love Delta Alpha brothers even more. =) Ani is broken, though - she's on crutches (I couldn't hear what she said happened, people screaming) so she sat the entire performance. It was kind of funny because she couldn't dance around stage so she was trying to accommodate while sitting and I thought she was going to fall over backwards several times! =) On the Living in Clip CD, I'd been wondering why she was always strumming the guitar while talking, and now that I've seen her, I realize she switches guitars after each song (or at least she did last night) so it makes sense to me that she was strumming. And the opener, Hammel on Trial (or something like that) was very vulgar. If you'd like to hear the penguin joke, let me know.

After the concert, Rebecca, Abby, Bryan (they are the people I saw the concert with) met Bolcar at Jay's. It's so nice that Bolcar only lives in Rochester which isn't that far away and that he's good friends with DA brothers, because it's really good to be able to see him all the time. =) I hope he realizes how much we appreciate him, even if we do give him hell all the time. =) Then it was back to Rebecca and Abby's apartment where we watched a good hour of Queer As Folk, and then I stayed up and talked with Rebecca until almost 5:00am. Note: when you have class the next day in Ithaca and you're in Rochester, staying up until 5:00am is not advisable. But college is about these kinds of opportunities, right? It's not like I actually learned anything in physics lab today, anyways, except that lasers are kinda cool.

I've decided that I've been a pretty lucky concert-goer this semester, especially for someone who hardly ever goes to see concerts. Incubus, Ani DiFranco, and hopefully Live (they'll be at IC in a few weeks.... hopefully I'll actually buy tickets). Being in upstate NY, not many quality groups come this way. But this year has been exceptional, which is totally cool by me.

My exciting week of big highlights has actually motivated me and it's been a little easier to get work done. I'm not going to let the momentum die now, so back to work for me! =)

- Lizzardie, at 1:36 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com