Words of Lizzardie




Monday, November 11, 2002

It's Monday. Veteran's Day to be exact, but I actually don't care. No mail today, though, which is sad, because I love mail. Bank also wasn't open, which sucks because I have mucho deposits to make. Ahh, well, I'll do that tomorrow.

Weekend was good, though no work got done of course. It's good to have alumni visit and to put up messages on the message board in the living room pointing at who's sleeping on my couch. =) Herb came into town Friday night, which meant that there was Risk over at Will's place, which was a lot of fun. I came the closest to winning that I ever have, legitimately (meaning I didn't team up with anyone to eliminate another player before dominating). Herb and I eventually called the game a draw, though, as it was getting kinda boring for us and for those who had been previously eliminated. We're such dorks.

Saturday night Bolcar was in town, too, which just added to the fun events. We sat around in my breakfast nook playing poker, drinking and smoking. I actually won 2 dollars and change in poker, yay! Susan was not happy to come home and find people smoking in the apartment, though, so we moved that outside. And I have a confession to make. Rachel is going to kill me for all the hard times I've ever given her about smoking now, I know it. So the last two times Herb and Bolcar have been in town I've smoked. A lot. But not cigarettes, mind you. Pipe tobacco. (Note: I had previously tried this silly pipe thing twice before - once last spring and once over the summer I think, but I definitely more than tried it these two times.) I don't think I can think of anything more anti-feminine and I have no idea why I'm subjecting myself to something I'm pretty much against. It's not bad, though, and I don't feel entirely guilty about it. It just feels so against everything I've always preached. I'm such a hypocrite. AND THEN Saturday I tried a clove cigarette. Also not bad. It made a cool crackling noise when I smoked it. I WILL NOT BECOME A SMOKER THOUGH. Not me. I refuse to let it happen. My friends are such bad influences on me and I need to stop hanging out with just the guys. Probably a key indicator of just how bad of influences they are on me was when I took a shot of whiskey Saturday night and chased it with a puff from the stupid pipe. There go my morals.

Other than that, the weekend was filled with incorporation forms. I love being treasurer, I really do, but this is a lot of work. At least now I'm getting help and I feel a little better about these forms, but it's sad that I'm spending more time on this than on my 6 classes. I'm silly like that, I guess. I was up until 5:30am last night (err, morning) and then slept through work and class, for the most part. I need to start going to class, I'm wasting my education.

Other notes from the weekend: Hockey games are so much fun! It's so nice to have season tickets! And the Harvard game is less than 2 weeks away! Also: one should always watch who you let put away messages up on your computer.

- Lizzardie, at 10:52 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com