Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Bored bored bored bored. It's very very quiet here at work. People don't tend to want to buy theatre tickets the day before they leave for Thanksgiving Break. That is, if they haven't left already.

I will be leaving tomorrow. And wouldn't you know it - my house will be stuffed with people while I'm home. Woohoo. I thought I was managing to get home without my sister being there, but no, she'll be there, too. *Sigh* Once it would be nice to just have some downtime while I'm at home, but no. Not possible. Maybe it will be SEMI-peaceful over Winter Break, since I'll be home for so long, but I think that's wishful thinking.

I have purchased two bottles of wine to bring home to my parents. I'm hoping they'll (the bottles of wine, that is) say, "I love you, I wanted to do something nice, I'm poor, buy me a laptop for Christmas." I actually don't think I'm going to be successful, but I refuse to lose hope. I'm also having trouble coming up with an "alternate" Christmas list, which my mom has now requested. So the wine I bought for them includes a lovely Finger Lakes Riesling, which I doubt they'll have ever seen - a good one, too - Dr. Frank's Johannisburg Riesling. There is also a nice Chianti, which is of course from Italy. In wines we had talked about how Riesling and Chianti both can compliment turkey well, so I'm sure they're good choices. They also happen to be wines that I like (Riesling being one of two white wine varieties I've had that I like, unless you count the syrupy Bordeaux we had last week that was like drinking liquid sugar - yummmmm). Maybe if my parents don't get me the laptop, they'll take the hint and buy me a lot of wine. Or maybe they'll be really nice and just pay my bills. Ohh wait, I end up asking them to do that anyway. *sigh*

No more classes until after break (probably not after break, either, really, given my recent attendance record), but I still have work and that take-home prelim and working on my project, which I hope won't be too too bad. I can't wait until the end of this semester.

Ohh, and congrats to Beta Nu's new officers. I know that they'll make us proud and I'm glad that we elected a treasurer that will competently be able to replace me, hehehe. =) Adam's idea of a tropical island for former eboard members to retire to is not a bad one, really.... =)

- Lizzardie, at 5:16 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com