Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, August 29, 2002

New iMac at work! Whee! (If you'd seen our old Mac, you'd understand my excitement, even though I really don't know what I'm doing with a Mac.) I managed to get Snood installed first thing and email on the desktop, so we're all set here now. And we have Instant Messenger here, too! Though I think I'm going to stick with my alternate SN here (InspectorLizzard) and not use Lizzardie.

So I haven't updated in a really long time. I should be able to do a pretty thorough update right now, though, because things are pretty dead here. It's the first day of classes, and incidently, my first day back at the CTA (if you couldn't tell by the stuff above), so there's not a whole lot going on. I guess I'll go way back in time and tell you what I've been up to the past, uhh, 3 weeks.

So everyone should know that I went back to good ol' Romeoville for a week. My second cousin's Christening went really well - Tricia actually made me the Godmother, which came as a huge surprise 3 days beforehand (her brother, Tim, is the Godfather). It was kinda weird to see the whole family in church, too. But I love that church, so it was nice that the ceremony was held there. Afterwards, my whole family was at my house. I mean my WHOLE family (and for those of you who know my family....). It was relatively quiet, but definitely tense, and afterwards, EVERYONE was bitching about how they had been treated. Such is life. If I have to hear all this on my wedding day, I may move to some remote location and never talk to any of them again.

The rest of home was okay. Driving there was definitely a good decision, despite the length of the drive and how tired it made me. I was able to go where I wanted when I wanted to, and didn't have to fight with Kim over a car. Yay for my car. I ate really well, too. My dad made me a giant steak (it was about an inch thick!) and we went to Braxton's with my grandparents where I got this really yummy Lobster and Shrimp Pan Roast. Soooo good. You know the food was good when I think it's important enough to talk about, right? And there was Starbucks and Chili's, as always. =) I think I gained 10 pounds while I was home, and then I had to come back to my one course meals here in Ithaca (last night it was corn on the cob - that's all).

I saw some friends, but not a lot. I had coffee with Jaime and Amy on Wednesday, and then Rachel and I had coffee and frolicked about the mall on Friday (I really can't think of a better word than that for what we did - neither of us bought anything, and I don't think the phrase "window shopping" does us justice). And then I drove back to Ithaca, with Shelly (who was a very fun car companion, and I'll admit, not having to do ALL the driving definitely was good (though I did do most of the driving - had to use that newly re-obtained license). Speaking of, I got my license renewed! Only exciting because of the recently ended suspension, because we all know that sitting in the DMV for an hour is NOT fun. Family pictures, too, to eventually be posted on my website, once I get them scanned.

And I've been back for a week and a half now. Last week was my last week of work at NYPIRG. I also had to take care of getting a ton of stuff stored in my apt out before Susan came back, since I was using her room. She's so great for allowing that, and I hope everyone else appreciates my generosity. Not much else happened last week, that I can remember (so it must not be so memorable).

This week I've been sooooo busy. I had so many things to do before school got under way, because we all know that I won't get any of it done now that I'm in class again. I'm going to try and not stay up until all hours of the night this semester/year, but we'll see how long that lasts. I'm taking 6 classes (20 credits) plus there's all the PSP and CPC stuff (I've already had meetings for both - let the games begin). Today's classes were.... eh. I had both physics lecture and section (we all know how much I hate physics, too). I'm glad that I only have physics 2 days a week this semester (last semester of physics) because I get to do OR the rest of the time! Yay! Well, as much yay as can be hoped for, I suppose. I also had OR 580 today, and that was decent. We did a puzzle. There will be group work, though, and we all know that I hate group work (I don't work well in groups, and it doesn't able me to do my homework at the time I want to). Ahh well. More classes tomorrow, but not until 11:15! Fridays are the only days I don't start at 9am.

Other than that, I guess I can say that things are good here. As much as it sucks to be getting up at 7:30am again, I'm really glad to be seeing my friends again. =) I miss my friends who have graduated, too - I'm a senior now - where did the time go? And things will be busy this semester, as always now, but I'm looking forward to it. Optimism - it's such a good thing to have, because it makes dealing with stuff so much easier. I'm really really looking forward to having a kickass senior year - here's to not letting anything get in my way! =)

- Lizzardie, at 3:49 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com