Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, August 01, 2002

Liz is a loser who never updates. Now that I've gotten that out.... I really actually hate that I don't update all that often, because I always forget the things that I want to say, and I feel like my updates then end up being a list of things that I've done, and that's really not the purpose of this. Argh.

Anyway, so the past week.... more eventful things include going to Bolcar's house in PA for his graduation party. His family was hilarious, I drank a lot of wine (quote Mr. Bolcar: "I'm depressed, I need a beer") and I won 2 dollars in poker. =) All in all, a good time. Then there was the whole Herb's car situation. This kinda happened before PA and after. So I look outside Friday to see signs near Nelly saying that there's no parking there, roadwork, yadda yadda yadda. And poor Nelly has no battery and I have no key. So I spend all day agonizing, because I don't want the car to get towed, considering I'm figuring Herb won't get back to Ithaca for at least a month and I said I'd watch over the car, etc... But no good solution presents itself, so all I can think to do is let his family know about it (by IMing his sister) and the next morning (before watching the car be towed) I found out where it was being towed to. Sunday night, though, lo and behold I get an IM from Herb, who has miraculously emerged from the woods, found out about his car and plans to head out to Ithaca are underway. All that worrying about the car being impounded for a month was for nothing. Geez.

The past coupla days have been lots of hanging out. My license became valid again, so I've begun driving a little faster. Hehehehe. It's so nice to know that yeah, getting pulled over again would be bad, but at least I can't be convicted of a misdemeanor for it anymore! Crystal and I were going to go out driving Monday night (midnight, July 30, which is after July 29, the last day of the suspension) but I wound up falling asleep on her couch, so I just went home and went to bed instead. I then proceeded to sleep until 1pm and was late to work. Who starts work at 1pm and oversleeps??? Ridiculous. The past two days have involved some chillin' though, with me losing 2 dollars in poker last night and rewatching Spy Game tonight (which was so much better the second time, but probably because of added interpretation).

All right, done with that part of the update. I really want to get to bed real soon, but first a few thoughts. I just wanted to say that I really need to learn that small problems tend to have simple solutions. If I just look for the simple solution, maybe I'll actually find it. AND, there are some things that I just need to learn to let go of. I think that this is a big problem of mine, in that I invent these fantasy situations, and never want to lose hope that one of them (all of them) will come true, so I hold onto everything, even if it's now in the past. It needs to stop, and I think that right now, I'm doing an okay job of dealing with that. Of course, the ridiculous amount of Mint Oreo ice cream that I'm eating may have something to do with that. Who knows.

- Lizzardie, at 2:05 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com