Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Of course I haven't updated in a week. That always happens. If it makes anyone feel any better, I think about updating often, just never get around to it.

So how has my week been? Okay, I guess. I saw Men in Black II on the 4th, which was cool, though the first was much better (ahh, I still remember seeing that in the theatres - those were the days). Other than that, not much of a holiday celebration. I got to see the fireworks up by Ithaca College on Wednesday, which was nice. Anyone who wants to create a silver/white/gold fireworks show for me that has lots of the sizzling fireworks, I'll love you forever. That's my dream fireworks show.

I've been spending a lot of time trying to get ready for Grand Chapter. Let's just say that right now, I'd like to take my car and just drive down there, pick up to three people to go with me (out of the other 6 going) and just forget about everyone else, because it's so damn frustrating to figure out how to get 7 people down to Tennessee in such a way that we're not putting an unfair burden on anyone. I've already volunteered my car, what more can I do? Of course, life doesn't work that way, everyone would be mad at me if I did that, and I would never do that to my friends anyways. But I hope everyone realizes how stressed this has made me and how selfish so many people are. Grrrr.

In more exciting news, I did a lot of cleaning of my room today. More decorations went up, though there's still a long way to go. It's funny, though - looking at a semi-clean room just makes me want to make a mess right now. So weird. Ohh, and news on my little mini-garden: I'm seeing the first shoot in one of the strawberry plants!!! Yay!!! I've totally had some setbacks, though - one of the pots (small plastic one) fell off my balcony, and I had to replant. But I think I'm seeing some growth on the basil plant, too, and on the other flower that I don't know the name of. Woohoo!

I paused a moment today to think of my love life, or lack thereof today. I'll give you the little update. First of all, I so want out of the Single's Club. Nevermind the free dinners - that's great and all, but it's so damn depressing. Everyone else is breaking it left and right and they just find it amusing, meanwhile I'm constantly reminded that I haven't gotten any action since February (it was actually a while before then, but February is when the Single's Club was formed). Grrr. I was also realizing that it's been awhile since anyone has expressed their devotion to me online. I actually hate when guys do that (why pick such bad times to pour your heart out to me? Why tell me at a time when you know nothing can come of it?), but it used to be a fairly regular occurence - once every 3 or 4 months, on average. And when was the last time a guy expressed his devotion to me in person? Ohh, wait, let's just forget about that because it's never happened.

All right, my digression is over now. I don't know why I did that. Normally I try not to focus on relationship-type stuff, but every once in awhile....you all know how it goes.

I think it's back to working on my room. Maybe I'll try and play with the icicle lights and figure out why a third of the strand isn't lighting up.

(This post is dedicated to Bela, the greatest guinea pig I've ever known. You'll be missed.)

- Lizzardie, at 11:10 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com