Words of Lizzardie




Monday, May 27, 2002

It looks like I'm staying in wonderful Ithaca for the summer. For some reason, I'm not as happy about this as I thought I might be. Oh well. At least it will give me a chance to get everything straightened out with the new apt (move in on Saturday) before of the rush of students in August. And Roadrunner is having a special for the summer, woohoo. I bought the router off the people who lived in the apt previous, so that's cool, too. And it appears that I got the job with NYPIRG and start tomorrow. I'll also be looking for another job, in the morning, so I can work my ass off and pay for the car that I'm technically not supposed to drive.

Speaking of cars....I drove to Buffalo on Saturday and back - 360 illegal miles. This whole license being suspended thing is quite ridiculous, in that I'm not a bad driver (I definitely know worse drivers). My mom and sisters and dog and uncle were all at my aunt's house for my cousin's baby shower, so you know what? I wasn't about to let a silly suspension get in my way (though there was no speeding for me). I took Crystal with me - I think she's scared of my family now. Ahh well, what can you do?

Yesterday was graduation, so things were sad. I stood on the side and watched all my friends walked by, then made fun of Hunter Rawlings speech with Helen. =) Class of 2003 will have the last graduation presided over by Hunter Rawlings - how odd. Only 363 days to go until the 135th Commencement of Cornell University - didn't I just move in freshman year, like, yesterday? How time flies and how we change. The nostalgia is starting to get overwhelming. I said goodbye to Serena last night - I don't know when I'll see her again, I suppose when she visits. I'm not too worried about Amy and Herb and Bolcar - they'll all kinda be around for bits of summer (at least this week or something) but I know that I'll miss them come August when school starts again, and they're not here. No one should get to leave! Boo!

To keep my mind off of the whole sad about my friends leaving me thing, I've been doing lots and lots of packing. My room is starting to look clean, because, well, I have nothing in it. Funny how it works like that. Only a few more days in Plaza, only a few more days with my view. Then I'll be taking hikes up East Seneca Ave, since I'm living all the way down on Stewart. Yet another odd, odd change, that's inevitable..... =(

- Lizzardie, at 5:18 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com