Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, January 30, 2002

I have become the worst updater ever! =)

So, what have I done in the last week? It feels like I haven't had time to breathe. But then again, who needs breathing? At least it's been fun - I've spent a lot of time chillin' with the frat brothers (that makes me sound so.....not female, I think). I skied for the first time on Saturday, and I'm finally beginning to feel not sore. It was a lot of fun, though. I need to go again. I'm supposed to go to Tahoe for Spring Break, so that will give me plenty of opportunities to get much better. Yay for skiing!

But other than lots of quality PSP time, there has been lots of quality time with PSP finances. I had no idea that it would be this much work! Yikes! Don't get me wrong - I'm so glad to be treasurer and to be on exec board, but I'm so, so busy. Helen and I have decided that it's a love-hate relationship - it frustrates us to no end, there's a lot of work, but when given the choice between PSP and schoolwork, well, you know what wins (and it's not physics or chemistry, that's for sure). Hopefully things will slow down just a tad once I get the funding application in. We'll see.

In the meantime, I don't know who else's computer does this, but my computer makes a different sound for the first IM from someone and the rest of the IMs they send. It's a deeper sound. I've come to hate that sound in the last few days (I am Pavlov's dog, apparently). It's so ironic - I spent 4 1/2 months in Connecticut, slightly annoyed because people hardly ever IMed me - now they can't get enough of me. I'm everyone's best friend. I don't have time for everyone. I put up away messages saying I'm busy, doing work, leave me alone....but does anyone listen? NO! Not that I mind too much, because if I did, I'd just turn IM off or go and study in the library right? (Speaking of which - I've never really understood why people go to the library to study until recently....) But sometimes....ahh, it's got to get easier. My classes aren't even that hard, when I have a few moments to actually look at the coursework.

Speaking of which....I decided to skip section for OR310 today. Why, you ask? Because it's pointless. I have section on Wednesday, homework is due on Tuesday. I finished the homework for next Tuesday before section was scheduled to start today. So why go? The extra time enabled me to get some chem done AND take a nap. It was a great afternoon (no one IMed me - can you tell?)! I actually felt productive, yippee!

Ahh, so I have work tonight and then some quality time cleaning out the PSP "Closet of Doom," as we've dubbed it. But I'm feeling refreshed and high-spirited, so things are good. Yay!

- Lizzardie, at 6:00 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com