Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, December 04, 2001

Uhhhhh....I do not feel very good right now. Slight headache, but my head is spinning like crazy. I feel dizzy just sitting in my chair. I want to go home, but considering there isn't any part of Connecticut that feels like home, I really don't think that's possible. Chicago's too far away, and I don't really have a home in Ithaca right now (though I will soon - yay). I wish there was someone around to make me chicken soup. =(

So...let's try and be a bit upbeat, shall we? Staff meeting wasn't actually bad today (other than my light-headedness). We did this visioning exercise. First, we got to picture ourselves on vacation. I pictured myself sunning by a pool, cloudless sky, palm trees, light breeze in the air. You would think I would have my friends around me, right, since I've been so lonely? I was by myself, though. It was a nice vision. Then, we had to come up with visions for our department, Planning & Analysis. I thought this was hard at first, but the other people I was grouped with, permanent employees who've been here longer than I have, had some of the same ideas: teamwork, reaching out, integration, etc... I realized (as I have been over the past few days - it goes along with my whole this co-op thing not being as bad as I thought in retrospect) that I have learned some things and that I will come away with some things, too. It was not all for nothing, though I hold firm that I would have had a much more enjoyable semester in Ithaca. AND, I probably won't mind being here so much once everyone is at their respective homes, although I'll be at my respective home for part of that time as well. I don't know. We'll see. Refer to the countdown.

- Lizzardie, at 4:50 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com