Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, December 04, 2001

So there was this woman on the radio this morning from the Happy Homemaker's Association (or something like that) advocating, basically, that women go back to the kitchen. They should get up in the morning, make themselves beautiful for their husbands, make their husbands and children breakfast, pack lunches, do all the household chores, make dinner, etc....THEN, when the husband gets home, the wonderful, doting housewife should get her husband a drink, bring him his slippers and keep the house quiet for half an hour so he can "unwind." This seems like slave labor to me. I mean, why can't I go to work and then come home to someone waiting hand and foot on me???? Geez - women get so taken advantage of as it is - it's just great to know that there are people out there trying to set us back 50 years.

Moving on....it's Tuesday, which means not much exciting to report. I have a staff meeting in about 15 minutes, which at least means free breakfast and that I get the pretense of doing actual work. Yippee. Ohh, and here's the daily countdown (a new feature): 41 more days in CT, 21 more days of work. Now THAT deserves a real YIPPEE!!! Thankfully it's only that many, too, or else I might go insane. The rules are changing once again at my place of residence. I'm in trouble for leaving my space heater on. Now, granted, I should have the courtesy to turn it off. But when it's not running, there's no indication that it's on, so I forget. AND, just because I'm not there doesn't mean I don't have the right to be there, and if I was there 24/7, I would be able to have it running 24/7. ARGH. Maybe if the room I'm in was insulated and heated? When I first called, I was told utilities were all included, laundry could be done there, there was parking, yada yada yada. Now, I can't do laundry, I have to park on the other side of the circle and I'm in danger of having my rent raised because I like heat. JUST A LITTLE LONGER.....

- Lizzardie, at 8:48 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com