Words of Lizzardie




Monday, December 03, 2001

I hate Mondays. I have a whole 5 days of monotony to look forward to. Yippee. A whole 4 more nights of not sleeping well. Yippee. Maybe it wasn't the pillows, because I can still only manage to sleep for about an hour or two at a time before I wake up. Perhaps it's the noise from the space heater or from my computer that wakes me up when I'm completing a sleep cycle, I don't know. Can't be the computer, though, can it? I've slept with a computer on in my room for the past 2 1/2 years. I really don't get it.

Weekend was fun. Yes, I did end up driving. It was a little longer than usual, because I had to go to Sarah's house in NJ, but it was nice to have the company. Did you know that New Jersey is the only state I've ever been in that doesn't have big "Welcome to" signs? Both when coming into NJ from I-287 and I-80 I looked for signs, but there were none. I wasn't sure where the border was on I-287, but I did know where it was on I-80 (when crossing the Delaware River) and there was no sign. How are you supposed to know where you are? I counted - I've been in 9 states in the past 4 months, and the other 8 all have big signs. I'm very disburbed by this. Other thing about New Jersey: on I-80, there are signs at one of the exits that say, "Land of Make Believe, Next Exit." Well, at least I know where it is now. (This, btw, surprised even Sarah, who has taken that expressway many many times.)

The weekend itself was cool, though. Friday night, I helped Amy and Allison prepare desserts for Saturday's party. I helped make the crust on an "Orgasmic Grasshopper Cheescake" and helped eat some "Better Than Sex Sugar Cookies." I did not come up with these names. Saturday, I slept until about noon (ahhhh) and then headed up to campus for a bit with Amy - Iced Mocha from Olin Cafe and Hummus from the Ivy Room - can't beat that. Later that afternoon, I joined some of my brothers for bowling, where I received the typical not-so-warm welcome. "You're not supposed to be here." "I thought you weren't coming back before Christmas." "You're supposed to be in Connecticut." Thanks, I love you, too, guys. =) I then was given the nickname "Perpetually Lost Person" (courtesy somehow of Bolcar, Herb and Will) and proceeded to bowl 2 spectacularly horrible games (52 and 51). So I'm not a sports person. There was dinner at Coyote Loco later with Amy, Allison and Jajitz (excellent steak fajitas and strawberry margaritas) and then the party, which was awesome. I got to spend some time with Betsy, which was cool, since I don't get to that often. She was a little upset when I left - I felt bad, because I didn't even consider her to stay with Saturday night, but I'd already made plans with Vinny. Sunday was the usual - Vinny and I went to the mall before heading to the PSP meeting and then she, Crystal and I went for Bubble Tea (finally - Vinny and I have been trying to get Bubble Tea together for the past month!). The Bubble Tea experience was good - I can't believe I hadn't tried it before.

All in all it was a good weekend. Let's see, if I make January 14 the "Liz is back in Ithaca for good" Day (I think this is a good day because I want to finish work on the 11th of January, and then I'll probably be moving my stuff back to Ithaca combined with hanging out with Amy in NYC over the couple of days that follow that) then I have 42 days left. AND, 8 of those days will be spent in IL. AND, I'll probably spend at least 2 other days hanging out in NYC with my sister and possibly Vinny. AND, not counting today (though I probably should, since it's so early still) I have 22 days left of work. I still have a ton of stuff I need to do, including changing addresses, cancelling accounts and the vast majority of my Christmas shopping. Perhaps for once this semester (yes, I still think in those terms, even though I'm not in classes), other than my wonderful travelling weekends, the time will actually fly.

On to other things....I've decided that perhaps I should cut the daily egg, ham and cheese sandwiches out of my life. I'm definitely gaining weight, which isn't good. I've put on so much weight since starting college, it's ridiculous, yet I still can't find the motivation to start working out. My main problem here is that I'm planning on buying new jeans this week (I have fast cash from Express!), but I think I'm going to have to up a size. =( This isn't good, because (1) I only have one size to go up at Express, and (2) hopefully I'll lose this recently gained weight and then I'll have jeans that are too big for me. ARGH!!! Why can't I go back to the days when I could eat whatever I wanted??? Okay, I'm done complaining about that now.

- Lizzardie, at 10:02 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com