Words of Lizzardie




Monday, December 10, 2001

Countdown: 35 days in CT, 17 days at PB (I have this written on my calendar through the end of December, mind you)

Is it really too much to ask for that I get a decent night's sleep? I'm so tired, but considering that I went to bed at 10:15pm, I should have gotten a good 7 1/4 hours of sleep. This of course didn't happen because I spend so much of the night TRYING to sleep, and sleep only seems to come at around, oh, say 5:30am, when my alarm goes off. I'm going to need a nap sometime today. =(

Anyway, I had a pretty good weekend, surprisingly, considering I spent it in CT. Friday I, um, slept. Needed to catch up from the rest of the week, ya know? After truly getting up around noon on Saturday, I drove a ridiculous distance to the store I needed to go to in order to purchase my mother's Christmas/birthday present (my mom's birthday is in January and in order to actually buy her something nice, I'm forced to combine the gifts - I feel slightly bad about doing this, but it can't be helped). It's good to have that out of the way. How I'm going to get said gift back to IL is another question entirely, and I'm not about to deal with it. I also prepared the dough for a lovely batch of Kringlas, and then proceeded to call over to Vinny's to harass the PSP Brothers, who had gathered for the initiate social event. It was good times. Sunday involved a ton of baking of the Kringlas - they came out well, so that's good. They aren't the most perfect pretzel shapes, but hey, I tried! I'm no chef or cookie baking genius, for that matter. I also spent a good hour and a half on the phone for the PSP elections. That, I think, was the most exhausting phone call I've ever been on! They had me on speakerphone at the meeting for the exec board elections, and I was straining to hear what was going on. When it was all said and done, though, I was elected treasurer! Yay! That's the position I really wanted (which made not winning the president, vice-president and secretary positions fine with me - hey, I was surprised to be nominated for all that!), and the rest of the exec board if filled with some awesome people. We're going to have a great year, and it makes me even more excited about returning to Ithaca next month!

It is Monday, though, and surprise, surprise, I actually have a fairly large project that I'm supposed to have done by Friday morning. Yikes! I'd better get working on that....

- Lizzardie, at 8:47 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com