Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, December 12, 2001

Countdown: 33 days in CT, 15 days at PB.

I'm currently waiting for about 200 graphs to print, so I have some spare time in an otherwise very busy week. This is the worst week for me to be busy at work, too, I swear!!! I've been here for about, ohh, 14 weeks I'd say and I've never been this busy with a freaking deadline. And OF COURSE, this week I would be feeling completely awful. Ugh. I really have being sick. I'm feeling better today, but tomorrow is a new day!!! (And doesn't that sound cheerful.)

Unfortunately, I really don't have much to say. Nothing's been going on really. Yesterday was our holiday party here in the Planning & Analysis department at PB. Good desserts (which I still have plenty of) and I won a candy dish. Ohh, and my Kringlas were pretty successful, thank you all very much. Vinny has heavily hinted that she'd like to try them, so maybe I'll make them next semester for my friends in Ithaca. What else? Oh yeah, nothing. This weekend I will probably spend starting to organize and pack my stuff. You may be asking why this is, since I still have almost a full month here. Well, the answer to that question is that no, I don't have a full month here. I'm going home for approximately 8 days, for one. For another, we all know that I'm too tired after work to get anything done, so I'm left to do all my packing on the weekends. BUT, I'm only going to be in Connecticut for 2 more weekends!!! Yikes!!! I'll be here this weekend (hence the need to pack), the next weekend I'll be hanging out in NYC, in 2 weeks I'll be in Chicago, the weekend after that is my 2nd weekend in CT, and then I'm outta here!!! It really seems so short when I put it like that, huh? Ironically, all of my friends are now looking forward to their breaks, not even thinking about starting school again in January, when that's all that I can think about.

Speaking of my friends, where the hell are you all? Studying, I suppose. Damn you all. You're supposed to be spending time talking to me!!!! Okay, okay, yes, I do want you all to pass your classes. Really I do. It's just that I'm missing out on all the fun.... hmm, maybe not.

Yesterday I missed out on all the important PSP stuff of the semester, though - induction, officer transition and the banquet. Let's see - I know one of the 13 new brothers (Jaclyn, duh). They're all going to come back in January and be like, "who's she? She's the treasurer???" Ahh well - they'll know me soon enough, I suppose. Yeah, and I missed the officer transition ceremony, too. I'm still actually in shock over being elected treasurer. It's kind of funny - 10 months ago, I didn't know anyone in PSP, I literally forced myself to go to my first rush event (which I arrived late to) and sat there the whole time thinking, "I'm sitting in a stranger's house, with a ton of people I don't know, watching a movie - have I lost my mind???" If only I had known what I was getting myself into.... =) Ahh, they all know I love them!

Sarah just found out that the cafeteria charges for honey. They don't charge for jelly, or butter, but they do charge for cream cheese and honey. Is it really worth it, I have to ask? The food here is still cheaper than at Cornell, but they're still ripping us off. I usually go and pay $1.10 for a 1/2 liter bottle of water. The other day, I went to the grocery store and payed $5.99 for 28 of those same bottles. Now I know that most of you hate math, but I think the calculation is unnecessary here to see how inflated the prices are. That case of water now sits in the trunk of my car, so everywhere I go, I have nice, cold bottles of water. Can't beat that.

- Lizzardie, at 3:48 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com