Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, December 18, 2001

Countdown: 27 days in CT, 11 days at PB.

I cannot believe how much work I have to do, it's ridiculous. FOUR (4) months I sit here and do nothing. Absolutely nothing. Now, in my last few weeks, I have no idea how I'm going to get all of this work done before I leave. Plus, the last week will be spent bringing Ying (she's the co-op student for the Spring) up to speed on all of our projects. Yeesh. Where did the time go??? Not that I want more time here, I can't wait to get away. Oh, and did I mention that I can't even do the work I need to, most of the time, because Excel decides to freeze every time I go to open one of my files? Not cool. You may wonder why I'm spending my time on this thing (and AIM, for that matter)....well, force of habit - a cycle I will never be able to break (or at least I won't be able to for a long time). As I told Crystal yesterday, I have a ton of work to do, but I always have time for IM. Just proof, I believe, that I'm still a college student. =) Good thing, too!

Tomorrow, though, I'm taking advantage of one of the benefits of working here, not that there are many of them. I'm going to The Penn Club in Manhattan for a panel discussion on Operations Research/Management Science. I'm hoping it'll be interesting - my supervisor is on the panel, but there is hope for the other panelists, I suppose. Two of them are from Fordham and two are from other businesses. Hey, free lunch on Pitney Bowes (and getting my regular hourly salary, no less) sounds good to me. Plus they'll be paying me while I actually go down into Manhattan - that's 2 hours on the train and I'll be getting paid. Can't beat that. I may even detour to Rockefeller Center after the lunch to see the tree. =)

I got my cell phone bill yesterday - it has all the roaming charges from going to St. Louis on it - yikes. Add $16 to the grand total for Convention: 16 + 48 (actual cost of the trip) + 115 (speeding ticket) + 20 (gas to get from Connecticut to Ithaca) = $199. It's a good thing I had a lot of fun and wouldn't have missed it for the world, because that is an expensive trip! Ahh, well, I'll just pay my cell phone bill and be done with it anyways. Actually I guess what's more important is that the change of address FINALLY went through on my cell phone, after 3 months. Just when I need to change it again. Everything is so slow in changing addresses - I think I'm actually going to have to apply for a change of address at the post office, otherwise I'll never get any of my bills and my credit will be shot. Not a good thing.

- Lizzardie, at 10:43 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com