Words of Lizzardie




Friday, December 21, 2001

Countdown: 24 days in CT (or maybe 23 or 22 or 21....), 8 days at PB (or maybe 7....).

My countdown is a little screwy now, I know. I'm looking at leaving a day earlier than planned so that I can get into the new apartment and then do the whole DC roadtrip thing with Amy and others. This is certainly fine by me. As for days in CT....well, I had estimated that I would be gone by January 14th. I know I'm going up to Ithaca on Jan. 11, but not all of my stuff will be out of there by then. But it's looking like coming back will just be a quick trip to get the rest of the stuff and then my face will not be seen in Connecticut for several months.

On to better news, though....I just have to make it through today and then I'm not back at work until January 2nd!!!! Ahh, I'm looking forward to a much needed vacation - I just don't get many of them these days, and even though it's at home to visit the fam (and the home friends) well, it'll do, right? Yes, definitely. I am going to eat well while I'm home, too, which will be a welcome change. I never eat better than when I'm at home in Chicagoland - my parents cook food the way I'm used to and well, you just can't eat better in another city, from what my experiences have shown me. =) Yummmmmmm.

I went to pick up my officer binder from Dana yesterday, who was so kind as to transport it from Ithaca to Connecticut. Dana lives in a very, very nice neighborhood. Lots of trees, very large, nice-looking houses set back from the street on large plots of land....well-manicured lawns, etc....Perhaps I wouldn't hate Connecticut so much if I lived someplace like that....that's the kind of neighborhood that I dream of living in. Ahh, one day....that sort of thing is all part of my 10 (well, maybe 15) year plan, so one day....

Nothing to do at work, will spend the rest of the time today bored most likely....just have to make it to 5:30....at least there's lunch at the mall to look forward to today....it's the last lunch that Sarah and I will eat together (she leaves after next week and I won't be here next week) so we decided we have to make it at least a little better than eating in the cafeteria. Mmmmm, mall food.... =)

- Lizzardie, at 11:06 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com