Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, November 27, 2001

Well....I brought the entire set of Harry Potter books out to my car just now. I've decided that I'm completely Harry Potter-ed out - no more reading them at work - since I've started here, I've reread all 4 books TWICE. And there was the movie. I'm definitely done with it all for now. My new project (ha - this is what I'm calling projects now - think I can put that on my resume?) is to read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. We'll see how that goes. I've got other books if that doesn't work out, don't you worry.

I'm taking my car in tomorrow to have it looked at. I found out that if I want them to do anything to my seemingly weak brakes I need to have them look at it before I hit 12,000 miles and, well, with the amount of driving I do.... The nice people at the Hyundai dealership in Norwalk are going to take me to the train station so I can get to work (and then hopefully pick me up there that evening!). I'm praying that ONCE AGAIN I'll have a car in perfect working order. This whole owning a car thing is much more trouble than I anticipated. And I've only made 3 payments on it!!!!

It looks like I will once again be in Ithaca this coming weekend. And I had resolved not to go there again until January. *sigh* It's not that I mind, of course - I was just trying to show myself (and everyone else) that I could do it. BUT, this weekend, I was actually INVITED (normally I invite myself). Amy is having some sort of dessert party Saturday night that she would like me to attend and has graciously offered me her couch. PLUS (and this is the biggie) Sarah is going up there this weekend and has offered to give me a ride. Yes, that's right - I will not be driving my car up there. In fact, if it turns out that Sarah can't take me, I'm not going to go. All of the stars seem to be aligning in the direction of me spending more quality time with my overly stressed friends. I apologize for taking up more of their time, but hey, they love me, right? =) So...one of two things look to happen. Sarah may be bringing another friend of hers with who lives in Hartford - we would then go and drop my car off at my place in Shelton before picking up her friend and driving to Ithaca Friday night. This would mean no extra driving for Liz!!! OR (more probable, Sarah tells me), her friend won't go, we'll drive to her place in New Jersey, leave my car there and then head to Ithaca. That way, on Sunday, Sarah would be able to just drive home and I could drive back to Connecticut from there. This would mean about 70 miles of extra driving for me, but hey, that's much better than 500+, right? I think so. We'll see how it pans out. I've realized, though, that I have about a million things I need to do before I move back to Ithaca, most of which really need to be done before I go home to Chicago for Christmas. I forgot all of the necessary steps I need to take when moving - changing about a million addresses for one, financial aid, bills, and on and on and on... For the first time in the last several months, I actually feel like I don't have enough time. How strange is that?

- Lizzardie, at 12:24 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com