Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, November 28, 2001

Turns out that my brakes just needed to be cleaned and readjusted. This is good news, of course, though I wasn't too worried, because whatever was wrong with the car I knew I wouldn't have to pay for. I love warranties! There is apparently nothing else wrong with my car - that it wouldn't turn over was apparently a fluke, I guess. As long as it doesn't happen again, or regularly, or that it doesn't start all....whatever. Can I just say that I like the people at Hyundai much better than I like the people at the place I took my car to be fixed after the accident? It took a month to fix my car, and I never got update calls - I always had to call them. Fixing my brakes took half a day, and I've gotten 2 (yes, two) calls to tell me about my car today. Such better service.

My pending trip to Ithaca this weekend may be cancelled, I think, I don't know. Sarah isn't here today, and I thought she might be sick, but it turns out she got into a car accident last night. She wasn't hurt, thankfully (no one else was, either), but there was significant damage to the car, I guess. I don't see her being able to drive up there this weekend. Tomorrow (if she's here) I'm going to offer to drive to Ithaca myself if she can't. If she doesn't want to go after all this, I'm not going to either. But I would be willing to drive if she comes with. We'll see, I guess.

I've kinda initiated a project here at work. At first it was interesting - we've been doing these weird employment in urban areas charts and I'm trying to consolidate into industries. That is, taking the cities with the highest percent of mining workers, manufacturing, services, financial, government, etc...There are 8 categories and then a ninth one that I created - Mixed, I like to call it, because none of the cities into it have significant percentages in any of the other categories. Anyways, I have 81 cities and it's taking forever. It was interesting yesterday, now it's become so tedious! ARGH! I think I may stop working on it and pick it up tomorrow. I have to leave in about an hour anyway to pick up my car.

- Lizzardie, at 2:40 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com