Words of Lizzardie




Friday, November 02, 2001

"Soon as the evening shades prevail,
The moon takes up the wondrous tale,
And nightly to the listening earth
Repeats the story of her birth;
While all the stars that round her burn,
And all the planets in their turn,
Confirm the tidings as they roll,
And spread the truth from pole to pole."
-- Joseph Addison

Isn't that a nice little poem? I just changed my calendar at work (even though I told myself all day to do so yesterday) and that's this month's poem (my calendar is Moons, btw, and it gives me a poem each month). I figured since it's Friday and all, I would start the day off with something nice. =)

So...my plans for the weekend. Well, they look like my plans for most weekends lately, I suppose. I leave work at 4:00pm today, just like most Fridays, and I'll be heading to Ithaca. I'm hoping for a good traffic day, although I had a bad traffic morning, so who knows, right? One never knows. It's just that it's so much nicer to get into Ithaca before nine than after ten. Maybe it's just me, though. I'm staying with Amy tonight, so I'm sure she'll spend lots of time talking about the Yankees game she went to (Game 4). It's cool. Then, tomorrow, I'm going to Buffalo to visit with my aunt and my mom. I actually have to pick my mom up from the airport, since my aunt is unable to drive (she had lymph nodes removed from her right arm, so her movement is restricted and her car has a manual transmission anyways). It's on my way, so I volunteered to get my mom. I'm a little nervous, though, about driving with her in the car. I haven't driven with her in the car more than a mile since I got my license, and with the accident and all, I really don't feel up for the criticism. It could be worse, I suppose - I could have to drive my dad around, which just might kill me, since I told myself I'd never drive with him in the car again (he was a horrible teacher when I was learning how to drive). Then on Sunday, I'll be stopping in Ithaca again to break up the driving and visit with my friends. That's my weekend - spent mostly in my car, as always. My travels, combined with the fact that I haven't been sleeping very well makes me believe that I might be spending more time in the car than sleeping. Probably not true, but it sure feels like it.

I got some good news yesterday. I was talking to my aunt about this weekend, and she told me that the tests on the lymph nodes came back negative, so she'll only need 3-4 months of chemo as opposed to 6-8 months and no radiation. YAY! I mean, I would love for her not to need any chemo, but I'll take whatever good news I can. She says she wants to have all this behind her by March. I agree. Now we just have to wait for the genetic testing, which I'm still worried about, but that's months away, so I'm trying not to think about it. But still, good news, yay! I just wish she sounded more upbeat when I talk to her, but I suppose it's all to be expected....

There's some things I need to do, I've decided. After screwing up a situation with one friend, I think that it would be bad to let something like that happen with another friend, so I need to talk to this second friend about something that she's doing that upsets me. I'm a little worried, though, because she tends to take criticism poorly, and I'm not entirely convinced that I'm not being selfish (does that make any sense?). I'd go into detail, but I learned my lesson as far as that. Argh, this is going to be difficult, because I really need to have this conversation before Sunday and I don't know when I'll be able to. Perhaps IM would be better here....hmmm....I'm trying to decide if I'm being paranoid, because it's like I think all of my good friends are out to get me. Who thinks like that? It doesn't make sense that ANY of my friends would purposely try and hurt my feelings (because I know these people, right?) but lately it's like I think that everyone is doing just that. I need to relax and calm down, I think, because that's just a ridiculous notion.

6 hours, 20 minutes until I'm outta here for the weekend(!!!!!).....

- Lizzardie, at 9:44 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com