Words of Lizzardie




Friday, November 16, 2001

*sigh* It's depressing to think that it's Friday and that I won't be in Ithaca tonight. Oh well. It was my choice, right? And just think of the things I'm going to do this weekend: sleep, laundry, sleep, clean my room, sleep, New Haven, sleep, mall, sleep, projects, sleep.... you get the idea. I don't remember the last time I slept in both Saturday and Sunday (or either one, really) - it was before all this Ithaca madness, that's for sure. I feel a bit bad, because when I told people I wasn't going to come, they all sounded kinda disappointed. But seriously people - you've seen me more this semester than you anticipated, right? I've spoiled you all, I swear. I may be changing my mind about coming up between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I've decided that if there's a weekend where there's a lot of stuff going on, then I'll come up. That's because I'll just go to all the stuff and hang out with people there and I won't feel guilty about people entertaining me because there will be all sorts of partying and entertainment. So we'll see. I'm not making any promises....

Ohh, so I'm almost out of space on my website. It's kinda sad, really, because I'm not sure what to do now. I want to put up all sorts of pictures, but I had to take all the old ones down in order to put up the Convention pictures. Eventually the Convention pictures will come down (most of them anyways) but until that time.... I think I'm going to look into hosting a few pages elsewhere, that way I can utilize my space a little better. We'll see how that goes....

Busy day of, um, NOTHING at work today. A nap sounds really good right about now. I didn't get to bed, really, until about 11:30 last night because my phone rang and then someone IMed me, right when I was about to climb into bed and settle in for the weekend. Why does that happen? Ahh, well, at least I know I'm loved.

Speaking of which, can I just say that I have great friends? I swear, everyone has been there for me more than I could have ever expected you to be this semester and I totally appreciate that. Times were hard for awhile there, but they're looking up! You know how I can tell when I'm happy with my life? When I listen to the radio and I can't connect with the songs. That may seem strange, but here me out. It's very hard, I think, to write songs with happy themes, but very easy to write ones with sad ones. This may be because writing helps ease the pain, I don't know, I don't consider myself a writer. So, most songs you hear have a twinge of sadness to them. When I'm sad and depressed, I see myself in almost every song I hear. BUT, when I content and happy, I don't really feel anything when I hear the lyrics - I concentrate more on the sound of the song (rhythm, instrumentation, etc....). So that's where I am right now - just enjoying the music in my ears. =) Anyways, as I was saying about my friends, you've all really surprised me this semester. I realized that I have a tendency to be judgmental sometimes. I get caught in the cycle where I feel I can predict your behavior by things I've observed and picked up on, even if those things have nothing to do with the issues at hand. But instead of living up to my worst expectations, everyone has come through for me and proven to me that there are good things, good people on this earth. Thanks for reinforcing my belief that there's good in everyone, thanks for not letting me down.

All right, I'm done being mushy. I'm off to do one of three things right now: find more server space, read Harry Potter or sleep. Ohh, what fun it is when your supervisor is out of town and leaves you very little work to do....

- Lizzardie, at 9:36 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com