Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, November 07, 2001

Perhaps the whole Connecticut experience would be better if I was enjoying where I was living. But, no, not only do I hate my job, I hate where I have to go every night after work, too. It's not that it's so bad - the house is nice, the other people who live there are nice enough as well, and I feel safe. All of these are very important. BUT, I feel like the rules keep changing. When I first called on the place, I was told that there were only 2 rules: no guests and no shoes in the house. Simple enough, right? So I thought. I was told I would be able to do laundry there, park there, use the kitchen, etc.... It had all the amenities I was looking for, at a reasonable price (which is hard to find in CT), which is why I didn't mind having to drive so far. So, I get there, and now there are 3 rules: no guests, no shoes and no smoking. Well, okay, I'm not a smoker, so that last one didn't matter. But then I found out that my room has no windows. This was slightly annoying at first, but now that it's colder, it's not a big deal anymore. There are other things, too, though. The guy I rent from practically threatened to kick me out for not closing the basement door and for closing the cabinets too loud. And now I can't do laundry there. And I'm really really tired of hearing his joke on how my mom is younger than him. Okay, that one may be my fault, because I told him, but seriously, I don't think it's a big deal unless you make a big deal out of it. I'm open about it and then I move on. Argh. I just want to get out of there, but it's not in my best interest to find another place to live the last 2 months I'm in Connecticut (and thank God it's only 2 more months). And they all wonder why I disappear every weekend....

- Lizzardie, at 9:02 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com