Words of Lizzardie




Monday, November 05, 2001

Monday, Monday, Monday. At least this is a four-day week for me, right? And I haven't had a day off since, um....Labor Day. Which was the day before I started working at Pitney Bowes. So, this 4-day weekend will be very nice, very nice indeed. And Thanksgiving is coming up, and I'll have another 4-day weekend. YAY!!!

So, my weekend....where do I begin? I drove up to Ithaca on Friday night, as I do most Friday nights (not this Friday night, but that's because I'm driving up to Ithaca on THURSDAY night instead). I stayed at Amy's on Friday night, which was nice, because she and I haven't gotten to spend all that much time together lately, what with me being in Connecticut and staying with other people when I come to town and her with her thesis and the GREs and whatnot. So....it was good. We went and saw K-PAX, which was NOT good. The movie didn't make any sense whatsoever - very hard to follow and neither of us are sure what the ending means. I'm no longer allowed to pick the movie when we go anymore. That's okay, I guess - I hate picking the movie, but K-PAX looked better than Monsters, Inc. How was I supposed to know???

On Saturday, I drove to Buffalo and went straight to the airport to pick up my mom. That was the first time I had been to an airport since the whole WTC thing and it was kind of strange. They searched my car when I went to park, but then there was very little security. I was only in baggage claim, but I saw 2 guys in fatigues walking around once, and that was it. And there were no people there to begin with. Quite eerie. So, I got my mom and then we went to see my aunt. It was a fun-filled day of me driving them around and carrying their various purchases. My aunt can't carry anything because her arm is still very sore from the removal of the lymph nodes (she can't even drive) and my mom apparently has osteo-arthritis starting in her arm, so she can't carry anything heavy either (not to mention her cyadic - or psychotic as she calls it - nerve is acting up in her leg). It was kind of depressing and tiring all at the same time. My aunt will be 43 and my mom will be 38 (both in January) and they're both so gimpy. Plus, being the adult all day really took a lot of energy out of me. "Lizzie, would you mind taking us to Wal-mart?" "While we're here, I have to look at the model cars." Blah, blah, blah. I felt old, really, really old. On a brighter side, my mom gave me a really really cute picture of Emilee (my littlest sister, for those who don't know). I miss the little munchkin. =(

Sunday just involved driving back to Ithaca, where I went to the PSP meeting and then had lunch with a bunch of brothers (who continued to comment that I've been to more meetings than some of the active brothers). I tried to visit Jaclyn, but she was not home, so I just went back to Connecticut after that. It was a tiring weekend, as all of my weekends tend to be. Lots of driving. And next weekend, I'll be in a car for so, so long in that trip to St. Louis. And my aunt wants me to visit her again the weekend after that. And the weekend after that is Thanksgiving and I'm going to Albany to stay with Jaclyn's family. Definitely, definitely after that I will not be visiting again. My next trip will be to Chicago for the holidays and then I'll be moving back to Ithaca after that. I swear, really I do!

Other details....my mom brought me the last 3 months worth of my magazines, so that was nice. I've been scouring them for Absolut ads for me and Milk ads for Jaclyn, though I'm not reading them yet as I'd like to have something to do on that St. Louis trip (other than sleep). I realized that I never changed the address on 2 of my 6 subscriptions, so that was unfortunate. I fixed that, though, so it's all good. Umm...I hate FedEx. Course of events: last Monday, my mother sends me my cell phone bill 2-day FedEx. Wednesday, I get a notice from FedEx that I have a package, but no one was there to sign for it. I sign the release. Thursday, I get another notice telling me I have to sign both sides of the release (last time, I only had to sign one side). I sign both sides of the release. Friday, I get a notice (or I was told I got a notice - I wasn't there and now the notice has disappeared) saying that it was the final notice and otherwise it was being sent back. How many times do I need to sign for the damn thing???? They'll be getting a phone call shortly.

Other than that, no new news. I have to work on my presentation (with Sarah, thankfully) for next Tuesday, right after I get back from my long weekend. So, so not fair. I don't think I'll work on it today, though. I'm lazy and tired. =)

- Lizzardie, at 9:04 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com