Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, November 13, 2001

I've been meaning to update all day, but other things kept demanding my attention, such as the 3 hour staff meeting (my presentation is over and I don't have to worry about getting a grade back - can't beat that!) and finding a new tracker since mine decided to charge without telling me and just cancelled my account. Everything has slowed down a bit, so now I will fill you all in on the last 5 days (I can't believe it was that long ago, yet the weekend seemed so, so long at the time) of my life.

So....National Convention....it absolutely ROCKED. I had such a great time and I'm so glad that I decided to go. Not only was it fun to meet people from other chapters and to learn what they're doing, it was a great chance to bond with the brothers from our chapter that went. I was trying to describe some of the highlights of the trip to Vinny, and they just didn't seem as funny when I was telling her, since she wasn't there - I suppose there are some things about the trip that will only be meaningful to those who went. We won awards, too!!!! We won Most Able to Overcome Adversity and Most Improved Old Chapter (which is a huge award). I think the trip overall was a great morale booster and it made me want to do great things in our chapter. The 17 hour hike (and speeding ticket =/) our to St. Louis was totally worth it - and next year's Convention is in Pittsburgh, which is so much closer! Other highlights included:

  • Wine bottles opened (and broken) with keys, along with an adventure to find whipped cream for apple pie shots.
  • The giant cross in the middle of nowhere (i.e., Effingham, IL) - the real kicker was that there wasn't a church in site!
  • The brothers all found out my true identity - a sugar-crazed bird.
  • Mercedes, the Mu chapter's mascot - a big inflatable COW.

Those are the good highlights that I can think of right now. They probably mean nothing to you if you didn't go on the trip, but they are certainly great memories!

My weekend was mostly Convention-centered. I'm sad that it's over, but I look forward to great things from Phi Sigma Pi in the future! Yay!

The only other bit of news is that I think that I might have figured out why I'm having so much trouble sleeping - pillows. The pillows that I've been using in Connecticut are kinda hard, but when I go on visits I always bring my feather pillows and have no trouble sleeping. So...last night I used my feather pillows and lo and behold, I only woke up once and it was very very brief. YAY!!!! So, I'm going to make sure I'm always using the feather pillows, and hopefully I will be sleeping easy from now on. =)

- Lizzardie, at 2:22 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com