Words of Lizzardie




Friday, November 02, 2001

I'm waiting for a SAS program to run, and it's taking pretty much forever. =(

So....you may recall that yesterday I whined about there being a $52 withdrawal pending on my checking account. WELL...that same withdrawal is still pending AND now there's an additional pending withdrawal of $15. This had better be a mistake, I swear. I mean, all of my checks are accounted for, I have my ATM card - what am I missing here???? Sorry, I get a little testy when it comes to money.

I shoved my new hoop earrings into my ears again today. My ears are not very happy with me. I need to wear earrings more often, because my ears bitch every time I do - I need to get them used to having foreign metals objects shoved through small holes in them. It's for their own good (mine, too - I don't like how red they look and how painful it is to wear the earrings!). Back to the hoops - I've decided that should be my new image - girl who wears 2 sets of silver hoops in her ears. What do you think? Someone told me that hoops and curly hair are sexy together, but um, yeah, I'll believe that when some guy hits on me and tells me so. I won't be holding my breath on that one. I have yet to hear a guy say that he likes curly hair over straight hair, let alone girls with curly hair and big silver hoop earrings. Girls are all so envious of my curly hair and I don't know why. I like my hair, but I'd like it more if I knew it was an appealing feature. No use complaining, I suppose - I do have a choice: I could spend an hour each morning straightening it. I don't see that one happening any time soon. Or ever.

A little over an hour to go, until I get to leave! Yippee! Sarah and I went to McDonald's for a change of pace today. It was very, very yummy (mmmmm, fries.....). We decided that we should go every Friday, just to break up the day and give us something else to look forward to. This place is so horrible! Get this: our supervisor is going to be on vacation for the next staff meeting (Nov. 13), so Sarah and I have to present the Price Testing project. We are so not excited. For one, we're engineers - we don't do presentations. Everyone knows that, right? Number 2: we hate this project. It's not interesting to us - in fact, it's down right boring. 3: we don't feel we understand it properly. Sure, the actual presentation is already prepared, and theoretically, we just have to do the actual presenting - not much work involved. BUT, if anyone asks any questions, we're virtually screwed. Not a good scenario. And finally: it's my first day back after the St. Louis trip. Yes, that's right, I have Friday and Monday off and come back to do a presentation first thing Tuesday morning. This is really not a good situation, for either of us. I pray that we can get this to go smoothly in practice by next Thursday, because otherwise, we're not in a very good situation at all. But hey, after that - a week where my supervisor is gone. This means we'll be nothing for a week, but at least I don't have to deal with him. He's so, so creepy. Just thinking about him gives me the creeps. *SHUDDER* Ugh.

- Lizzardie, at 3:02 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com