Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, November 06, 2001

I really wish that I was sleeping better. I can't figure it out - I can only manage to sleep for 2 hours at most before I wake up, and then it's another 20 minutes before I fall back to sleep again. It's like I go through one sleep cycle and then instead of repeating that trend, I wake up. Not cool. And I think it's contributing to me being really cranky and snappy at people. I don't like it one bit. I wonder if it's all in my head, though. I have lots of trouble sleeping on my nice full size bed in Connecticut, but not so much trouble sleeping on people's couches when I go away for the weekend. Could it be because I just don't like Connecticut? Is it because I'm trying to go to bed too early (10:00pm) and my body is protesting (though it should stop - it's for its own good, what with me having to be up at 5:30am)? I don't go to bed that early on visits, because it's the weekend? Could it be because there are no windows and therefore because I have no sense of what time it is from the light in my room I'm too paranoid to sleep? I haven't been in Connecticut on a weekend in a month, so I really have no basis to tell. I mean, I hardly ever sleep completely through the night, but we're usually talking waking up once, maybe twice. This is getting ridiculous.

In other news, turns out my car is going to St. Louis this weekend. I'm both happy and sad about this. I'm sad because I was actually looking forward to NOT doing a ton of driving. I'm happy because on long car trips, I find it more comfortable to drive than to be a passenger. I don't know why this is. You would think it would take more out of me to drive than to sit there and do nothing, but it's the other way around. When I sit in a car for upwards of 10-12 hours (this trip will be 16 hours) and do nothing, I am absolutely exhausted afterwards. But I'm much more alert when I'm the one doing the driving. And there will be people in my car! For once, I will not be on a long trip with only myself and my CDs to keep me company! Yay!

Sarah and I are going to work on the presentation we have to give on Tuesday morning at some point today. For now, though, I'm going to read Harry Potter. Yes, again. Hey, it's good reading and I have nothing better to do. Once again, thank goodness for shortened weeks.

- Lizzardie, at 8:39 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com