Words of Lizzardie




Monday, November 26, 2001

I hate being in a place where I don't know anyone well enough to ask them for a favor. ARGH. I need to take my car in so that it can be looked at (brakes seem really loose and it was having trouble turning over the other day - not good for a car that's only 3 months old with 10,000 miles on it) but I don't know how I'm going to manage that. The Hyundai dealership in Norwalk is only open from 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday and I work from 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday thru Friday. I could take it in at 8:00am someday, but it remains to be seen how I'm going to get to work from there. So frustrating. I guess I'll call around to see if there's someplace open on a Saturday, because that might be helpful to me. I doubt they'll give me a loaner car, though - the whole age thing. And I might not be able to this weekend because I might be going to Ithaca (though not driving - I will not drive up there this weekend, but if Sarah's going, I'm more than happy to go along for the ride so I can go to Amy's party).

Anyways, Thanksgiving was good. I went to Albany and spent it with Jaclyn and her family. We also did lots of shopping and hanging out with her friends, mainly the Kramerson girls. It was good times. The worst part about it was that I was sick on Friday night and of course, that my car was having trouble turning over on Friday. The sickness wasn't cool. It started with a bad headache Friday evening, which I attributed to caffeine withdrawal, since I didn't have any coffee that morning. But then I got really nauseous and that I really can't blame on the caffeine. I should really cut back on the coffee. I've only been drinking it for about 2 months, though - I don't see why the addiction has set in so soon. It didn't over the summer, when I was drinking it for those 6 weeks of accounting. It's a funny drug, that caffeine. It doesn't even keep me up - I don't know why I bother drinking it (now it's to avoid the pangs of withdrawal, I guess).

So....shopping was good. I saw this coat I really liked at H&M - long wool coat, gray, with silver pinstripes. It was really hot and very Liz, but $100 was more than I was willing to spend on a coat that I don't really need. In fact, I couldn't really afford to spend $100, period. So what did I do? I bought 3 shirts, a necklace and 2 books which amounted to more than $100. I'm an impulse shopper, what can I say? I think it's a disease. At least the things I got were cute. One shirt is red and says "Boy Scouting" in sparkly white letters - Jaclyn got one too, so we have matching shirts to go partying in. The second is another going out shirt - it's black, with a keyhole thing in the front, and a really low-cut back. The best part? To kinda cover up the back it has 4 strands of cream-colored pearls - they're removable, but I think it looks best with the pearls - they're the whole reason I bought it! The necklace is to go with that shirt - it's a shadow necklace, with sporadic pearls of the same color on it. Very nice. And the last shirt is a gray turtleneck sweater from J.Crew that I couldn't pass up for $30, esp. since I haven't bought a sweater all season. And I didn't get any Christmas shopping done, either. I'm awful. What do you think? Cornellwear or gift certificates for the whole family? I'm sure they'll all appreciate that!

- Lizzardie, at 10:11 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com