Words of Lizzardie




Monday, November 19, 2001

I am such an idiot. I mentioned I got a speeding ticket en route to St. Louis, right? Well, I spent all last week meaning to send the thing in. The plan was to plead not guilty and I really should have sent it in right away, but I kept forgetting to bring an envelope with me to work, and I never get anything done back at my place. SO...I FINALLY bring an envelope to work on Friday, planning to send it in that day. But I couldn't find the ticket. It wasn't in my purse, so I figured it must have fallen out back at the house. So I get home Friday and can't find it there either. I spend a large part of Saturday cleaning but still couldn't find it. Well, I tell myself, it must be at work, you just misplaced it somehow (I do stuff like that all the time). Inwardly, I'm panicking, though. I get to work this morning and it's nowhere to be seen. It's supposed to be back to the court by Wednesday, mind you. I decide I need to make some phone calls to clear up this problem, because I'm never going to find this ticket. So...about 5 phone numbers and 20 minutes later, I have what I need to do. I just have to send a letter to a justice in the Town of Hinsdale and tell them my plea. They also told me that if I plead guilty and pay by the date I'm told to, the points won't go to my state. This is very good news, as I can't afford for those points to go to Illinois and raise my insurance, but getting to court would be a pain in the ass (they told me I'd end up with a December court date). So I write out the letter, print it out, sign it and grab the envelope that's been in my purse for 4 days, waiting to be sent with the missing ticket. I open up the envelope, and lo and behold, the ticket is in there! Apparently I had stuck the ticket in there so I wouldn't lose it. I'm a winner, aren't I? At least I was saved from a non-guilty pleading and an inconvenient court appearance.

The only other news is that I've been meaning to mention that putting up the Convention pictures seemed to encourage people to visit my webpage. I find this a bit odd and kind of ironic. It's ironic because I was hesitant about putting the pictures up because I thought people might view it as a publicity stunt of some sort. To correct that problem, I made sure that there were no links to the Convention pictures from my main page, and that there were no links to my main page from the Convention pictures. Still, people went to my page anyways, and actually signed my guestbook! Yay! I guess I shouldn't complain, I just wanted to let it be known that I wasn't trying to persuade people to go to my page by putting those pictures up! Really!

- Lizzardie, at 10:10 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com