Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, November 14, 2001

Hmmm, so I'm updating, as I try to do every morning, but I really don't have much to say. If you look back at the history of my blog, you'll see that I update a lot when I'm kinda (or more than kinda) depressed, and I'll put in an update if something really really exciting happens. But when I'm just content, there's not a whole lot to write about. It's nice to be feeling good again, though, that's for sure. The past couple of months have been pretty hard on me and I'm glad to have them behind me. It's not like much has changed, which is the really odd thing. AND, you'd think I'd be sad, because the times of me visiting Ithaca every weekend are over (with the possible exception of this weekend). There are some differences, though. I finally said the things that were bothering me to the people I needed to say them to. It's always really hard for me to do that, because in the past there have always been really bad consequences to doing so. It must be testimony to me having much closer, more mature friends that they were able to not only apologize to me for doing things that upset me, but also to forgive me for handling a few things in a not-so-mature way. We all make mistakes, but sometimes I have trouble admitting that I do. Thanks to my wonderful friends for making that a little easier for me. =)

I think I'm still benefiting from the awesome time I had at the PSP Convention. It's great to look back at how much fun it was and how much I learned. I really enjoyed bonding with my brothers (both from my chapter and from around the country). I'm already looking forward to going back next year. I don't even know what exactly will be going on at this time next year (I'll be a senior, though - yikes!) but I'm not going to miss going for the world. And as I said before, Pittsburgh is so much closer than St. Louis!

There's something funny about the whole not going to Ithaca anymore thing. It doesn't bother me, really, and I can't really figure out why, because I think it should. Maybe it's because I don't feel I have to go anymore - I don't need the reassurance of seeing my friends all the time to know that they're still my friends. Maybe it's because I've resolved all of my conflicts. Maybe it's because I want to actually give everyone a chance to miss me. Maybe it's because the next 2 months don't really seem so long. A week from today, I'll be driving to Albany to stay with Jaclyn's family for Thanksgiving. Then, there are only 4 weeks until Christmas, at which time I'll be going home (and I'm really looking forward to being in Chicago for a week - maybe I'll actually try and go downtown!). Then there are only 2 weeks until I'm back in Ithaca (yay!). I don't know, but my life seems pretty good right now, which is just amazing to me, considering how low I was feeling just a few short weeks ago.

Briefly, in other news: I slept well again last night (yay!). I didn't get up to check my email once, which is testimony of even though I know I woke up once, it was very very brief. If I sleep well again tonight, I'll explain here my theory on why I'm sleeping well again. Also, I get to pick up Convention pictures today around noon! I love being able to get pictures developed at work! =)

- Lizzardie, at 8:42 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com