Words of Lizzardie




Thursday, November 15, 2001

Hmm, okay, so I didn't get a good night's sleep last night. It might have been because I just wasn't really tired. After all, I was coming off of 2 good nights of sleep and some nice REM sleep at work yesterday (which occurred I think because my supervisor is on vacation and I'm therefore not concerned about being caught - I had a dream where I was kicked out of the place I'm living for no apparent reason - and Vinny, I'm telling you, I've always heard that your dreams WON'T come true if you tell them). Or, it could have been that I was too excited to see how many people would look at the new pages I put up. Whatever - I'll probably sleep better tonight. I will tell you now why I think I slept so well those first 2 nights. I switched pillows. I realized that in Connecticut I've been using these really hard, dense pillows while when I go away for the weekend I bring my nice, soft feather pillows. AND, the last time I was away and used someone else's pillow that was really dense, I didn't sleep well then (or at all). So, I switched to my feather pillows and lo and behold, I started sleeping better. Why didn't I think of this sooner? Of course, this means I am now in a constant state of being covered in down feathers, but whatever.

So, I took the pictures I got developed from National Convention and set up a website with them on it yesterday. I really wanted to do this so that the brothers in my chapter could see them, since I took most of the pictures and I'm currently in Connecticut. Some of you know that I like to stalk I mean track the people that visit my webpage, so I put the tracker on these pages as well, just to see if it was actually worth my time. Within an hour of me emailing the listserve about the page, close to half of the chapter had visited the page. By this morning, it was more like three-quarters. WOW! It's amazing how good I feel because of that - that I did something and people took time out of their lives to see it. And I got thank-you's for it, too! I wish I could do more things like this - things that are done just because I want to put a smile on people's faces. Those are the things that make my life worthwhile - simple things that I'm happy to do that make other people happy, too. Why can't there be more times like this when I'm smiling over something so small?

I've decided that I'm doing too much driving. I almost hit another car today because I wasn't paying attention. Not good. I've pretty much decided that I'm going to stay put in Connecticut this weekend. I really want to go to Ithaca and I really want to visit my aunt, but the idea of spending the time in my car makes me sick to my stomach right now. It's amazing, because I've been saying the trip is worth it to see my friends every weekend, but this weekend, it's really not. I think I'm going to stick around, clean my room, work on some projects I've been meaning to get to, possibly go up to New Haven just because I want to check it out while the weather is still kinda mild. I also have to do lots of laundry. I haven't had a weekend in Connecticut since mid-September (2 months ago, yikes!) and besides, I'm going to Albany on Wednesday and I just got back from Ithaca/St. Louis on Monday. I just kinda feel a bit down about it, because this weekend is my last opportunity to go, really, as I don't want to bother people during finals. *sigh* - that's okay. I might as well give my friends a chance to miss me. =)

- Lizzardie, at 10:32 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com