Words of Lizzardie




Tuesday, October 16, 2001

So...let's talk more about Liz's work. There was an Anthrax scare at some Pitney Bowes location yesterday. Luckily they didn't find anything, but imagine how freaked out I was when I heard it on the radio on the way to work this morning. I don't know what location it was in (didn't say) but I imagine somewhere in Fairfield County, CT (where I am) or near Danbury, since the station is out of Danbury. That doesn't really narrow things down, though. And nothing was said at work. To top it all off, I was riding up the elevator this morning with the mail carrier. How freaky is that? I tried holding my breath, but it really didn't work. I've never been able to hold my breath for very long.

And on to the issue of my boredom....my supervisor came by at the end of the day yesterday and was like, So, I hear you're ready for some more challenging things. I was like, um, yeah. He said he'll come by with some stuff within the next couple of days, but I have yet to see him today. I finished Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone this morning. No more Harry Potter, since I've now reread all 4 books. =( I suppose I could reread them again, but what would that accomplish? It would be pointless, and it would show just how bored I am. Janet, the secretary of my department came into my office today and was like, Are you working? She sees that I'm not and is like, Ohh, good - can I use your computer? So I let her use my computer and she's complaining about how she doesn't have anything to do and says, I can do nothing at home. We look at each other and start laughing, because she knows I'm not doing anything ever. At least I'm not the only one. Maybe things are just slow around the company, I don't know.

I started reading physics today. How sad is that? But I figure, I'm doing nothing now and am likely to be completely swamped next semester. I already have the books and I found two course websites for the physics class I'm taking (Phys 213) so what the hell? It's seriously better than doing nothing, which is really, really sad. Sarah volunteered to bring in her chemistry book for me, since I have to take that class next semester as well (Chem 211). You know you've hit a low point when you're doing physics and chemistry for no reason except that you're bored (no offense to my physics and chemistry major friends who actually like doing that kind of work - it's just not my thing).

- Lizzardie, at 3:49 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com