Words of Lizzardie




Monday, October 22, 2001

Ahhh, Monday. Only a few more days until Friday. That's a really sad comment, I think. But we all know how much I hate my job (and how much I hate Mondays - we all do).

So, the weekend. I of course have lots to say about the weekend, because of course I spent it traveling! When do I not spend my weekend traveling these day? I have to admit - the fact that I have no commitments (other than showing up to work Monday through Friday and paying my bills) is nice - no one else I know is able to travel around as much as I do. Only I go to pretty much the same place every time....

So I really thought the weekend was going to suck. Friday morning, things were not shaping up too well. I had talked to Amy the night before and she said things were going too crazy for me to crash at her place Friday night, which meant I was driving straight through to Buffalo (couldn't get a hold of anyone else to ask them to let me stay at their place, either). I had also found out Thursday night that my bumper was on national backorder (I hate that word) so it wasn't looking like I'd get my car back any time soon. And let's not forget that I wasn't exactly going to Buffalo for a pleasure visit. But then things started looking up for me! Yay! First, I placed a call to the place where my car was at, and they said I could pick it up between 5:00pm and 5:30pm that day!!! I was so, so excited to get my car back (it's BEAUTIFUL, too!). When I found that out, I knew there was no way that I could drive straight through to Buffalo (too tired, too long), so I asked Jaclyn if I could stay with her. That was cool - I got to talk with her, Betsy, Kristin and Crystal while I was over at the Alpha Phi house. I then went to Buffalo Saturday morning (only a 2 1/2 drive - nice) where I got to see Auntie Chris, Uncle Nick and Tricia. My aunt is doing well - the surgery went great and she's out of the hospital. She goes to the doctor on Wednesday to see when she'll start chemo and such. She's been looking at hats and wigs already. We went out for Greek food for lunch and it was quite yummy (mmmm, baklava...). I burned lots of CDs. It was nice, too, in that for the first time in several months, my aunt didn't have any bad news to give me about her health. It's of course a possibility that there will be more in the future, but I'm happy with no more right now. The only bad part about the Buffalo trip was the fallout of my grandmother having left right after the surgery, but what can you do. On Sunday, I drove back to Ithaca to surprise everyone (Vinny was the only one who knew I was coming). Amy was quite happy with the help at her Survey stuffing party. Plus, she had food. I also went to the PSP meeting, which was a riot as usual. I walked in and Bolcar told me to go back to Connecticut where I belong. Nice greeting, don't you think? I then got to walk down to West Campus and back with Dave to pick up rush stuff (in very, very uncomfortable shoes - what was I thinking?). And my favorite part: my cartoon nickname, courtesy of Liz Hartman, is Jessica Rabbit. It makes me wonder what kind of impression I've been giving these people. After more envelope stuffing, it was back to Connecticut for me.

I've decided that these weekend keep me sane. It's really nice to be able to see my friends, since I don't have any here and it's been pretty much impossible to meet people (oh, okay, I haven't tried very hard, but still). I would much rather be with my friends than sitting around doing nothing in Connecticut. Now that I have my car back with its excellent gas mileage, it makes the most sense. I spend about 26 dollars to go to Ithaca for the weekend (not including food, but I have to eat no matter where I go). If I was to stay in CT, I would probably end up going shopping (as that's what I've done the whole 2 weekends I've been here and not been with friends). I spend way more than $26 when I go shopping! So, the way I see it, I'm saving money and getting to socialize at the same time. This weekend was especially great - seeing my friends enabled me to end the weekend on a positive note. As much as I love my family, I was only there because my aunt is sick and she needs to see her family. I probably wouldn't take the time to go to Buffalo otherwise - it's just too far for a weekend visit. So, thank you to my friends for continuing to be glad to see me, even though I'm there so often. For the most part, you all act as if I've been gone forever each time. I love you all.

- Lizzardie, at 10:04 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com