Words of Lizzardie




Friday, August 10, 2001

I'm really beginning to think that no one reads this, but that's okay. It's a good energy release for me, let's me unwind, reflect on what's been going on in my life, etc.... So I'm going to keep it up. =)

So, the birthday was okay. There were some good parts and some bad parts, so it all evened out. Bad parts (have to start with them first): the heat, my test, the service at Lucatelli's (where I went to dinner with Amy, Ruth and Denise). Good parts: lots of people wishing me happy birthday, ecards (3 of them), the food at Lucatelli's, that I got an A on my test. Yay!!! AND, Natalie brought me a ton of flowers (I love flowers!!!) and Denise made me brownies. Ahhh, I feel so loved. =) And I still have yet to get presents from home.... (not that I'm greedy or anything!).

So, you may have noticed that I said that part of the good part of my day was people wishing me a happy birthday. I should explain that. I have what's known as the summer birthday (insert foreboding music here). The thing with the summer birthday is that everyone (and I mean everyone) tends to forget it. And it usually makes me so depressed, because I do my best to remember everyone's birthday and if nothing else, send them an ecard. But then no one remembers mine, and I just don't understand. It really hurts when the only people who wish you a happy birthday are your parents and one or two friends. But that didn't happen this year. Lots of people took time to either wish me a happy birthday or celebrate with me (or both). And that made me feel very, very happy. =)

Today was fairly uneventful, though. I helped Amy move some of her stuff over to her new apartment (which is much nicer than her old apartment, which I love, but....). We're going to go and see American Pie 2 later on. I have a complaint about the movie theatre here, though (besides the outrageous prices). That card like you wouldn't believe. Last week, when I went to see Original Sin, we had so much trouble getting tickets because we didn't have ID on us. So, this week, I remembered to bring my license (since we went to pick up tickets early) and so they sold me a ticket, but wouldn't sell us any more tickets (Amy and I wanted to pick up tickets for Ruth and Ilyse as well) but they wouldn't give them to us because neither Amy or I are 21. So ridiculous. I mean, do I really look like I'm under 17? I don't think so. And Amy will be 21 in 10 days. That's so dumb. Oh well. Hopefully the movie will be good.

- Lizzardie, at 9:05 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com