Words of Lizzardie




Wednesday, July 04, 2001

So....I made it through OR350 and OR360. I can't say that these classes were particularly difficult, and given that I would have had to have totally bombed the finals to do poorly in the classes (and I don't think that it's possible for me to have done that) I'd say that I guess they were a success. I figure that now that they're over, I should stop complaining about how easy they were. I know you all appreciate that. =) Remember, though, that I start two new classes on Monday, and at that time the complaining will probably restart with a vengeance. Ahh, gotta love summer classes....

I was talking with Jaclyn today, and I realized that I'm a quarter through my junior year. How did this happen??? I mean, it seems like yesterday I was still a young and naive freshman. Now I'm a jaded junior, which is only slightly better than an extremely jaded senior. Summer kills the usual Cornell spirit, I swear. I'm beginning to really like this place. This is possibly because I'm seeing it at a time when it's absolutely gorgeous (gorges?) and I have very little work. I realize that I'm really, really going to miss being here this fall. Any money I have left after the purchase of a vehicle next month will probably go to gas money in order for me to travel to Ithaca as often as possible (now who's going to let me crash on their couch/floor? anyone, anyone?). It's quite sad, really. As I've said since the summer started, despite the boredom, everyone should really spend a summer in Ithaca. I think it's like a time warp or something. Time stands still, and suddenly the people who are here to share the time with me have become my closest friends (not to diminish the friendships of the people who aren't here - I still love you all, as well!!!). Quite odd, yet wonderful at the same time.

Speaking of boredom, though, I think that will classify the next 5 days. Pretty much everyone I know here has either skipped town for the holiday or is working. Damn them all, right? I'll find something to do, really, really I will. Or not.... Today I slept pretty much all day. I really don't know if I was that tired, because I've been getting pretty decent amounts of sleep (especially considering I had class at 8:30 a.m. 4 days a week...and that I went to every one of them!), or if it was just the general sleep after a final or just boredom. Who knows. I hope I don't sleep away the next couple of days. I would like to work on my tan, but I don't know if the weather will be good for that (although the last couple of days at around 70 have been most welcome!). Reading, I could do some reading. I don't know what I'll read, though. I'll probably continue to work on the reformatting of the site (into possibly a more readable version - I know that will make some of you happy). I have to go and buy new textbooks, but I'm putting that off as long as possible (freshman year I was spending 400/semester on books, now I'm spending 400/half of semester - how much does that suck?). I do have to clean my kitchen. It's a disaster right now and I'm not sure how that happened. I'll probably do that tomorrow. Yes, pretty much every year previously I have gone to a barbeque on the 4th of July, but this year, on our grand nation's 225th birthday, I will be cleaning my kitchen. What a world, what a world. Hmm, I'm stealing lines from the Wizard of Oz again. Not good.

- Lizzardie, at 1:27 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com