Words of Lizzardie




Sunday, July 01, 2001

I feel like typing, so I'm just going to ramble for awhile. Feel free to ignore me.

Tomorrow is my last day of classes for the first summer term. I have this feeling inside that's something like, that's it? Never before have I felt so little accomplishment. Maybe it will come later. But, in 6 weeks, I think I've stayed up late doing homework twice, and even then that meant that I didn't get to bed until 2. Ridiculous. The last two weeks of the spring semester I was going to bed at 3 every night. I'm looking at an A+ in at least one of my classes, possibly both. And yeah, I've gotten A+'s before, but they were in intro Italian. Big deal. I just wish that I deserved these grades, that's all, but since I've put so little work into the classes, I feel like I don't. Maybe it is that I'm just that smart, but these are the co-op classes. Aren't these supposed to be the best,the brightest, the most ambitious of the OR majors? I still don't get it. Maybe things will change with the new classes, and hopefully I won't be too used to the lax schedule I've adopted.

I think I've had a realization, though. I've had all these talks with Amy about my classes and how easy they are, what I'm getting out of them, what I want to get out of them, what I want to get out of my Cornell education. It hit me today that I've been relying on my professors to teach me everything I need to know about these subjects. And yes, I come out of my classes knowing more than I did when I went in to them. But still, most of the time, I come out going, that's it? I thought there was more. Never have I question that. But now I realize that there is more, I just haven't been going out to find it. And that's probably what I need to do. If I want to learn more, I have to actually put the time in to do so. Funny how it works that way.

- Lizzardie, at 10:22 PM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com