Words of Lizzardie




Friday, July 06, 2001

"Fall, 2001 - In Absentia" - this is the newest choice of semesters for my grade reports. It manages to make the whole leaving for a semester more real. I thought the summer would do that, but the summer has just made me want to stay here forever. And now I'll have to leave. =( You all can bet that I will be visiting Ithaca as often as I can afford the gas money.

So....there was a full moon tonight. I don't know why I mention this - there's a full moon once a month. But it was really pretty - I should take more notice of these things, I suppose. I hope you were all able to catch it. =)

Tomorrow I will go and lay down $360 for books for two classes. How ridiculous is this? Funny, this is for the books for half a semester - Cornell budgets $300 for books for a whole semester. How unfair. Anyway, today I had to make a choice on the matter. I either go to pay for my books by check, or I do a balance transfer now to make enough room on my credit card to buy them that way. It would seem like a better idea to just pay by check (takes less effort) but I realized that I would be better off if I payed off my credit card enough to buy the books. Why? Because I have a payment due in less than 2 weeks and if I didn't do this now, I won't have the money to make the payment. Now I really won't be paying for my books until the middle of August, right when my classes will be ending. Geez, I don't remember the last time I had this little money. I think it was back when I was still receiving $10/week from my parents as allowance/lunch money. Those were the days, I suppose, when that's all I needed, because my parents would take care of feeding me my other meals. Now I look and go, can the food I have in my kitchen sustain me for 2 weeks? Probably not. Guess I will have to spend my last 50 dollars on food. What a life. When will my loans go through????

On a brighter note, my A+ in accounting was pretty much confirmed today. Got a 136/140 on the final, and I think the prof just looked to see if we did the last 3 homeworks and gave us hundreds (our TA decided to take off to NJ a week before classes ended - I don't know why). So, my end average, with everything weighted correctly, was a 98.6. Gotta love that! Yeah, yeah - I've been complaining for weeks about how easy this class was, but really, in the end, my GPA is greedy for the A+. Can't help it, as an A+ is an A+ any way you look at it.

- Lizzardie, at 1:30 AM Post Link


People I Know:

Bolcar's Website Cat's Blog
Chris's Photos
Dan's LiveJournal
Vinny's Xanga
Your Name Here! :-)

Upcoming Events:

3/24 - 3/30
Atlanta/Savannah, GA?

Favorite Sites:

Cast-On
Deals2Buy
Facebook
Google News
Knitty
SilverJewelryClub
SpoilerFix
USCHO
woot!

More Liz:

Site Feed
Lizzardie Knits
Flickr

Archives:

2008:
February
January

2007:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2006:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2005:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2004:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2003:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2002:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January

2001:
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May





This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com